AP NEWS YOU CAN USE
Week of October 5 - October 9
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.
- Haim Ginott
NEWS YOU CAN USE
Bus Driver Appreciation Week 10/19 - 10/23
Please have students create thank you cards for their bus drivers. Cards can be submitted to Heidi by October 16th.
Pacing guides are being sent to grade chairs today for review.
Please continue your grade level conversations regarding the Pharr ES Instructional Framework in conjunction with the non-negotiables found in the staff handbook.
Peggy Goodman will be coming soon to visit classrooms and instructional planning meetings. More information to come...
Congrats to our September Instructional Heroes!
Ms. Panner's Parent Night was a huge success and very engaging for students and parents! Great job!
Be sure to check the white board in the mail room each week!
Character Ed Students (aka Junior Captains) Due EVERY THURSDAY
October trait = RESPONSIBILITY
- For our weekly student recognition, the earlier the better when submitting names to your grade level AP.
- Also, if you would like to personally write the postcard for your student please let Stacy and I know. We will need it back by Friday morning.
- **The powerpoint with the list of students from each week will be posted on the Pharr ES Training Page
- DUE by October 8, new Character Captains to grade level AP by 9:00am.
Pharr Superstars of The Month
October students should be submitted to Heidi by October 15.
- Two per grade level
DA Schedule Info
Testing begins next week!
The schedule for 1st 9 weeks DA's and can be found on the Pharr ES Training Page in eClass.
- Grades 3 - 5: I will place the Answer documents in your mailbox for your scoring
- Grades 3 - 5: Please be sure to schedule your constructed response prior to your lab time. Once they are complete on paper/pencil, you may begin grading utilizing the rubric.
Grades 2 and 5 will meet with Heidi on October 15th during planning time in the conference room.
- Directions for adminstration and other training materials can be found on the Pharr ES training page.
- October 19 - 23 starting promptly at 9:00 am.
All content weights and blueprints are available at the following link under "Helpful Resources." You can also see the state results from the first administration:
- I have gone into each Grade Level Course (Pharr ES XXX) and copied the Sample Courses them so they all have a fun background.
- I also created some modules that I will be discussing on the October 12th planning day.
Student Laptops and desktops:
- Please be sure every student logs out of their computer so it is ready to use for the next person.
- I am ready and willing to help you as needed with your eClass or any other tech item!
Grand Opening week of October 5th! This is a completely optional event for students.
Grades 4 - 5: 10/7
Grade 2 - 3: 10/8
Grade K - 1: 10/9
Please revisit the RAMS statement often and use this verbiage when complimenting students. For example:
"Thank you for striving for success by entering your name in a drawing outside Heidi's office by Monday (this is not just an example...hehe)."
"Thank you so much for accepting responsibility for your actions by standing in line quietly."