Week of October 3-7, 2022
- Para traduzir este boletim, clique nele e depois use o link acima.
- Para traducir este boletín, haga clic en él y luego use el enlace de arriba.
- لترجمة هذه النشرة الإخبارية ، انقر عليها ثم استخدم الرابط أعلاه.
- Чтобы перевести этот информационный бюллетень, нажмите на него, а затем используйте ссылку выше.
- اس نیوز لیٹر کا ترجمہ کرنے کے لیے، اس پر کلک کریں اور پھر اوپر کا لنک استعمال کریں۔
- Այս տեղեկագիրը թարգմանելու համար սեղմեք դրա վրա և օգտագործեք վերը նշված հղումը:
Note from Ms. Moulton
Greetings Hosmer Families!
I can't believe we have completed a full month of school!
Some highlights from this week were two very successful (and fun) Morning Meeting events with families in grades 4 and 5, school picture day, and our appearance on PBS' "Ask This Old House"! If you didn't get a chance to catch the episode at the link below. The composting component begins at minute 12.5.
PTO Welcome Picnic
This Thursday, our PTO is sponsoring the annual "Welcome Back Picnic". We hope you will join us for some fun activities. You can also bring your own picnic dinner or purchase pizza. More information is below.
Morning Meeting with Grown-Ups - 3rd Grade
Morning Meetings with Fourth and Fifth-grade grown-ups were so fun. It is wonderful to be able to invite you back into our classrooms! This week we will welcome adults to Third Grade Classrooms on Thursday. The events will begin at 8:15. Please note that adults will not be allowed to enter the building until that time so that we can welcome all students to school in the normal fashion. Following the classroom event, you are welcome to join me and Mrs. Fitzpatrick in the Learning Commons for an informal gathering.
As always, thank you for supporting our wonderful school!
With a grateful heart,
Erin L. Moulton
Mark Your Calendar
- Thursday, October 6th- Third Grade Morning Meeting with Grown-Ups, 8:15am
- Thursday, October 6th- Welcome Picnic Sponsored by PTO 5pm
- Monday, October 10th - NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, October 13th - Site Council Meeting 3:30 via Zoom
- Thursday, October 13th - Diversity & Belonging Council Meeting 6:30 via Zoom
- Saturday, October 16th - Hosmer Garden Clean-Up Day 10:00-1:00
Hosmer on TV!
Ask This Old House | E1 | Water Heater Autopsy, Composting | Ask This Old House | Season 21 | Episode 1 | GBH
Ask This Old House Season 21 Episode 1 | 23m 42s | The Ask This Old House team shares their personal stories about why they like to work together; Richard performs an autopsy on a retired water heater by cutting it open to diagnose why it failed; Jenn shares her love of educating kids about the outdoors.
Hosmer: Did You Know?
Did you know that every grade level has curriculum connections to the Hosmer Garden on Concord Rd.?
Mrs. Doherty (fourth-grade teacher) is our school garden coordinator who helps to make sure that everyone gets to use the garden. Next week, she is starting a tagging system to make the garden even easier for everyone to use and enjoy.
Morning Meeting with the Class & Coffee with the Principal
Over the next several weeks, we will welcome grown-ups to Morning Meeting with the class followed by coffee and conversation with Ms. Moulton and Mrs. Fitzpatrick. The list of dates (by grade level) is below.
Lost & Found - NEW PHOTO
Opportunities to Be Involved
Hello Hosmer Families, we hope to see you Thursday at the Welcome Picnic! Upcoming events and ways to get involved:
- Welcome Picnic: Thursday, October 6 at 5 pm (Hosmer School playground & courts)--we hope you will join us for some fun Knucklebones activities! We are looking for a few volunteers to help us sell pizza, water, snacks, t-shirts & water bottles. Email Christina at email@example.com with questions and to get involved.
- October PTO Meeting: Wed, Oct 19 at 6:30 pm--we are planning to host in-person at school and on Zoom--more details coming soon!
- Grade-level representatives: we are looking for 1 grade-level representative per grade to join the PTO--email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with questions and to get involved.
- 5th grade end-of-year activities committee: we are looking for volunteers to help fundraise for and organize 5th grade end-of-year activities--email Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to get involved.
- Adults Night Out: coming soon
- AmazonSmile: support the PTO when shopping on Amazon--1. Sign in through smile.amazon.com. 2. Go to Your Account and select the option to “Change or Select your Charity.” 3. Choose Hosmer School PTO as your charity. 4. Shop using this link: smile.amazon.com.
The Hosmer School Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) sponsors community-building events, funds enrichment activities for all grades, and shows appreciation for teachers and staff throughout the year. Visit our website at hosmerpto.org, sign up at the bottom of our website for our email updates, and follow us on Facebook for more info!