Infographic on everything Panama! By: Grace Kindred c':
Fun Facts: Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic. Panama City is the only capital city that has a rain forest within the city limits. Panama is home to the second largest rainforest in the Western Hemisphere
GUARANTEED TO BE AWESOME!
Political Perspectives. o:
Famous People from Panama o:
2. John McCain; Electee for the 2008 presidental election, was born in Panama in August of 1936 :o (this makes me laugh, he old)
Most Visited Tourist Site -- Panama Canal --/o
Overview of Food.... Yum c:
Lunch/Dinner consists of: Sancocho (hardy-chicken soup), Shrimp, Lobster, Fish, Tamales (Panamanian style)
Desserts consists of: Flans, Tropical Fruits, Raspados (Snow cones),
Orejas Recipe (Donut type things) o.o
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm puff
- pastry, defrosted
- ½ cup Zulka morena granulated cane sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line a large cutting board with parchment paper and unfold the puff pastry sheet to defrost for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- When pastry is defrosted, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread about ¼ cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture on it, roughly in the shape of the puff pastry.
- Transfer the defrosted puff pastry to the baking sheet on top of the cinnamon sugar and peel the parchment paper off the other side. Spread the remaining ¼ cup of cinnamon sugar liberally over the top of the puff pastry.
- Use a rolling pin to gently roll out the puff pastry both horizontally and vertically, which will cement the sugar into the pastry.
- Fold the puff pastry inward from the edges to meet in the middle. Then fold again, in half. With a sharp knife, cut half-inch slices and transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 5-7 minutes on one side, remove from oven and flip orejas with a spatula, and bake for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.