M.A. Counseling Newsletter
In This Issue
- Upcoming Events
- ACT Tutoring Class
- Counselors Visit 9th and 10th Grade Classes
- Junior Classroom Visits and Individual Meetings
- Mrs. Overton is back!
- Wellness Corner
- Class Registration Night from 6:30-8 PM in the Chapelteria
Saturday, February 10, 2018
- ACT Exam at Minnehaha Academy
- We strongly recommend that juniors take the February and/or April ACT
ACT Tutoring Class
Dates are as follows:
January 23, 25, 30, February 1, 6, and 8 for the February 10 test
April 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, and 12 for the April 14 test
Cost is $450 per student, paid directly to Erin.
For more information about the course contact Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register please have your student see Diane Rahm, Registrar.
Counselors Visit 9th and 10th Grade Classes
Junior Classroom Visits and Individual Meetings
Students will receive a Google Calendar confirmation of the meeting date and time. They must obtain a pass from Mrs. Rahm prior to the meeting to be excused from class.
Parents are welcome to attend, though this is not required.
Mrs. Overton is back!
Mrs. Monroe will continue to be at Minnehaha on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The students who worked with her over Mrs. Overton's leave can attest to her amazing counseling skills. Be sure to thank her if you haven't already! She is such a gift to our school community.
2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.
About 10,000 people a month Google the phrase, “Am I ugly?” In a deeply unsettling talk, Meaghan Ramsey from the Dove Self-Esteem Project walks viewers through the surprising impacts of low body and image confidence—from lower grade point averages to greater risk-taking with drugs and alcohol. And then shares the keys things all of us can to disrupt this reality.
Here are some additional resources from the Dove Self-Esteem Project specifically for parents: https://www.dove.com/us/en/dove-self-esteem-project/help-for-parents.html
M.A. Counseling Team & Services
WHO WE ARE:
Mike DiNardo, Vice Principal/Director of Counseling
Kristin Overton, College & Guidance Counselor (Last Names A-K) email@example.com
Christine Paton, College & Guidance Counselor (Last Names L-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanda Monroe, Non-Public Counselor
Diane Rahm, Counseling Office Assistant, Registrar
WHAT WE DO:
- Guiding toward an appropriately challenging course load
- Additional support to teachers, parents, and students
- Safe, welcoming and confidential
- Addressing issues around anxiety, depression, and general well-being
- Peer and family relationship challenges
College and Career Readiness
- College fit
- Career/personality inventories
- Counselors visiting various colleges and universities throughout the U.S. to provide firsthand information