October 3, 2016 - October 7, 2016
Impossible means I'm-Possible
Are You Obsessed? Are You Relentless? Do you believe in yourself? What's your reason? What fuels you?
As we finish our mClass assessment and have complete the 1st month of school. We will complete our Data Walls next week. It's time to start pushing each other and our students.
- Increase student performance in math from 79% to 85% proficiency as measured on EOG and from 78.8% to 85% Composite on K-2 assessments with a growth of 7% or more; and a 10% or less discrepancy between subgroup performances.
- Increase student performance in reading from 67.6% to 80% proficiency as measured on EOG and from 70% to 80% Composite on K-2 assessments. And growth to 30% or more; and a 10% or less discrepancy between subgroup performances.
- Increase K-3 student writing assessment performance while having 88% or more of Park View students will be proficient in writing.
What are WE going to do to make sure we accomplish our GOALS?
IMPOSSIBLE is just a BIG WORD
Data Wall Collaboration
8:00-11:00 - 2nd Grade
12:00-3:00 - 3rd Grade
8:00-11:00 - 1st grade
12:00-3:00 - Kindergarten
3:30 - AXA Advisors
3:45 - PDP
- We will meet as a grade level to complete your PDP's.
- Hobbs will meet with Title I, EC, 2nd and 3rd
- Title I, EC 3:00 (Conference Room)
- 3rd grade 3:45-4:05 (Andrea White's Room)
- 2nd grade 4:10-4:30 (Monica Burke's Room)
- Johnson will meet with Enhancement, Kindergarten and 1st
- Enhancement (Johnson will set up a time and location with your team)
- Kindergarten 3:45-4:05 (Sara Derberry's Room)
- 1st Grade 4:10-4:30 (Robin Blaney Room)
Title I Schedule
8:55-9:55 Kindergarten Push-in (Allen, Beaver, McCarty)
9:00-10:00 Second Grade Push-in (Neely, Wanner, D'Amico)
10:15-11:15 First Grade Push-in (Allen, Beaver, McCarty)
10:30-11:30 Third Grade Push-in (Neely, Wanner, D'Amico)
11:40-12:10 Kindergarten Pull-out (Entire Title I Staff)
12:10-1:00 Lunch/Common Planning
1:00-1:35 Third Grade Pull-out (Entire Title I Staff)
1:40-2:15 Second Grade Pull-out (Entire Title I Staff)
2.20-2:55 First Grade Pull-out (Entire Title I Staff)
*Sharon and Chaunte will pull their first grade students from 2:20-3:00 for HillRap.
- As you prepare for your pre-conference observation please complete this form before your conference.
- Be sure you make a copy of the form first before you type on it. You can then share it with your administrator that will be observing you.
- This will help guide our conversations about your observation.
We are excited for you but at the same time sad to see you leave.
Park View is the Best School in NC
I am proud to call myself a Park View Patriot. Read the letter below because this is what makes us special, this is what we do!
Letter from a Parent
I am writing to let you know that your school and specifically Mrs.*** and Mrs. ***** have completely changed our lives!! We are about 4 weeks in and I can already see such a huge difference in our child!!! We could never really get him to open up and talk about school. Now he tells us about his day and actually insisted that we bring cupcakes for his friends in class. He even went so far as to get approval from Mrs. **** himself and learned of one kid’s red dye allergy and that he should only get vanilla or chocolate which he promptly reported back to me!
He is reading like a champ and asks for us to throw out random math problems while we are driving in the car. He can’t wait to show us his most recent treasure box score and is more confident and overall just happier!! He takes pride in the school and can’t wait to show us around…I think he showed his dad where each of the nearby water fountains were!! Aftercare is going really well also!! He loves it!
I just wanted to provide you with this feedback about our overall experience as well as the teacher’s impact on our son!
It just felt different upon arriving at Parkview…the vibe was warmer and it felt more like “home”. He is super proud to be a part of your school.
Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to making a difference in our child’s (and our) life!!
2017 State Health Plan Changes
This year, the state Health Plan is making the following changes to your Health Coverage.
For 2017, the State Health Plan will continue offering:
- The Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) (85/15) with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- The Enhanced 80/20 Plan
- The Traditional 70/30 Plan
New Changes For 2017
- Everyone will automatically enroll into the Traditional 70/30 Plan. If you do nothing during Open Enrollment, you and any currently covered dependents will remain enrolled in the Traditional 70/30 Plan.
- If you remain enrolled in the Traditional 70/30 Plan for 2017, you will need to complete a tobacco attestation during Open Enrollment in order to receive employee coverage at no monthly cost to you.
- If you want to enroll in either the Enhanced 80/20 Plan or the CDHP (85/15), you must take action during Open Enrollment.
Information about the plan and open enrollment can be found at: https://shp.nctreasurer.com/ActiveEmployees/Pages/Open%20Enrollment%20-%20Active%20Members%20and%20COBRA%20Participants.aspx
- PLEASE contact Angel Tomlin if you have any concerns are questions on how to enroll and/or questions questions about the new changes for the Open Enrollment which begins October 1, 2016
and ends October 31, 2016.
Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success.
Hello! We are excited to announce that we have Footsteps 2 Brilliance (F2B) again this year! It will be for all PreK-3 students. Students can access F2B on laptops and/or iPads. Please see the attached links below on how to get started as well as a letter you can send home. It looks like the program has a lot of other great things for your kids other than just leveled books (Book Creator, Games, etc) Your logins are attached below. Let us know if you have any questions/concerns. :-)
Kimberly Jones October 10
Lori Woods October 11
Deb Vehar October 16
Sarah Rosebrook October 28
Did You Enjoy Lunch at Our Beginning of the Year Retreat?!
If So, You Are in For a Treat!!
Smokey J's will be bringing his Smokey J's Food Truck to Park View this Monday, October 3rd from 11:00-1:30.
The Food Truck will include:
Pulled Pork or Chicken as the 2 meats
Sides :Mac and cheese, slaw, baked beans, bag of chips, banana pudding
Assorted bottled sodas and waters
Pricing A la Carte:
Plates come with 2 sides $10 (probably twice as much meat as a sandwich)
Sandwich, side, and a Drink is $8
Smokey J's will accept Cash or Credit.
**** Bring Your Money and Your Appetite on Monday!!!***
Week of October 3rd-7th
Monday, October 3rd
2nd & 3rd Grade
Tuesday, October 4th
1st & Kindergarten
Chick-Fil-A Night 5:00-8:00
Wednesday, October 5th
Book Fair Begins
Vision/hearing screenings for 1st and 3rd graders.
Thursday, October 6th
Staff Collaboration 3:30
Book Fair Night 3:30-7:00
Friday, October 7th
10/11 Flu Shot Clinic 2:30-5p
10/12 Early Release
10/13 SIT Collaboration
10/21 All-Pro Dads
10/25 3rd grade ELA EOQ
10/26 3rd grade Math EOQ
10/27 Trunk or Treat 5:00-7:00
10/31 No School - Optional Work Day
11/1 No School - Optional Work Day