Dare to be a kid again!
Mentors required to have fun!
Game On! Eat Smart, Play Smart, Live Smart
Game On! is a group mentoring program for providing boys and young men with information and support to make informed choices about a range of healthy lifestyle practices. Through non-traditional physical activities, complemented with healthy eating support, participants are engaged in life skills, communication, and emotional health discussions designed to engage participants in the pursuit of life-long healthy lifestyles.
There are seven 75-minute core sessions. There are also four extension modules that capture potential issues and topics specific to various locales and the interests of the mentors and participants.
The program strives to do the following:
- through the lens of healthy living, openly discuss current and pressing issues facing boys and young men
- build appreciation for the benefits of healthy eating habits
- promote physical exercise through the use of non-traditional activities
- instill respect for socio-economic, ethno-cultural and racial diversity
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
- and above all, make a difference.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hastings and Prince Edward Counties
Game On! Group MentoringContact Caitlin at 613.962.3666 ext 35 or email@example.com