by: Lillie Smith
Dawes Act (1887)
- Its also known as the General Allotment Act.
- President of the U.S to survey American Indian tribal land and divide it into allotment for individual Indians.
- Distribution of land to Native Americans in Oklahoma.
- leaders: Henry L. Dawes.
Ellis Island (1892)
- Ellis Island opened in 1892 as a federal immigrantion station.
- It served for more than 60 years.
- Millions of newly arrived immigrants passed through the station.
- Theodore Roosevelt was president.