Reynolds Family Weekly Newsletter
October 24, 2021
On Thursday we participated in the annual international Earthquake Shakeout Drill. All students learned the procedures of drop and cover. They were able to practice those procedures during the drill.
Students and staff are looking forward to having our first Spirit week. Check out the table of events below to see how you can help your child to participate.
Last week we captured our 4th graders hard at work.
Mrs. Liliana Gordon-Gonzalez, Principal
Mrs. Berlinda Akao, Assistant Principal
Consolidation of Schools
On Tuesday, the district sent out an email to all parents providing information on the possible consolation of schools. We also sent a paper copy of the email on Wednesday with your child. Here is the link to the letter. Letter
The following update was emailed on Thursday.
The vote by the Board of Education on the options to consolidate has been rescheduled for Tuesday November 2nd at 6pm. The meeting scheduled for October 27th remains as detailed below and will allow for public comment on this matter.
Spirit Week October 25-29
We are looking for volunteers to help with dismissal. Volunteers would support our staff with helping students in/out of cars and with traffic flow.
If you are interested please let the office know.
Lost and Found
Frequently Asked Questions about devices
This document will be continuously updated with new questions/information.
Car Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival Reminders ALL Grades:
- Please drive up all the way up to drop off your student
- Please stay in your car as you drop off your student
- All parents stay in car lane to drop off your student and DO NOT cut off other cars in line or double park to get out and walk your child
Dismissal Reminders :
- Please drive up all the way up as staff will escort your student toward your car
- Please do not double park and ask your student to cross in between cars
- Please keep the line moving; your child will walk to your car
Back gate is open during arrival and dismissal.
Thank you for your continued patience during arrival and dismissal for the safety of our students.
- Follow the Quarantine Guidelines
- Please monitor your student for COVID-19 symptoms daily prior to bringing/sending them to school.
- Please see the guidelines on what to do if your child is sick.
COVID-19 Testing - Flyer
OUSD provides free COVID-19 testing to students and staff at the following locations, days, and times:
- Oceanside HS & El Camino HS: Mondays & Thursdays, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Libby Elementary & ESS Office (2080 Mission Ave.): Mondays & Thursdays, 9:30am-4:00pm
Register for your test and sign up for secure access to your results within 24-48 hours using the link: https://oside.testscheduler.net/register
Questions about testing please call 760-966-4081
- Our gates will open at 7:45 am and the bell rings at 8:15 am
- Only students will be allowed to enter the school gates.
- All students and staff must wear a mask while indoors and upon entering the school.
- All students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch.
- Please send a reusable water bottle with your child.
- Wednesdays are minimum days. Students in K- 5th grades are dismissed at 12:25 pm.
- Tk students are dismissed at 11:35 a.m. everyday
Visitors on Campus
Visitors on Campus Protocols in place until updated CDPH Guidance Expected: November 1, 2021
We are striving to protect our children and community from illness and provide full time in person instruction. In order to do this we are following the CDPH guidelines.