Copper Hill Elementary School
October 2021 Family Newsletter
100 Everitts Road
Ringoes, NJ 08551
908-284-7665 (attendance line)
Mr. Jesse Locket, Principal
Mrs. Amy Switkes, Vice Principal
Mrs. Rebecca Moeri, School Counselor - ext. 57669
Mrs. Lisa Maslankowski, School Nurse - ext. 57670
Dear Copper Hill Families
COVID UPDATES- Please Continue to Read Dr. McGann's Correspondence
- Masks are required for staff, faculty, and students while in our buildings.
- Masks are required on all school buses, as they are required on all public transportation, per Governor Murphy’s mandate.
- District continues with layered mitigation strategies like handwashing, excluding students with COVID-19 symptoms, and contact tracing to identify threats of exposure to the virus.
- We are monitoring community transmission, vaccination coverage, the occurrence of outbreaks, and local policies and regulations to guide our decisions on the use of layered prevention strategies.
Free Breakfast and Lunch for 2021-2022
Safety and Security
- Please do not hold any doors for visitors.
- Please use the crosswalks in the parking lot.
- Please obey the 15 mph speed limit in our parking lot.
- Student drop off begins at 8:45 am. Please wait at the stop sign, until being waved on by one of our staff members wearing bright green vests.
- When exiting the drop off area please be aware of buses that may still be entering the back parking lot or leaving the school.
- If you are dropping your child off after 8:55 am please park your car in the main parking lot and walk your child into the building and check in with the main office.
- Please DO NOT park your vehicle in the front driveway of the building.
- For the safety and security of our staff and students, monthly fire and security drills are conducted.
- Staff wear bright green safety vests during drills as well as during bus duty.
Arrival and Dismissal Locations
Vans: at the school main entrance.
Preschool: at the Preschool entrance.
Parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up: at the exterior gym doors.
YMCA Before/After Care: under the gym overhang.
Absences and Changes in Your Child's Routines
- If your child is ABSENT or TARDY for any reason, please call the Copper Hill ATTENDANCE LINE by dialing 908-284-7665 or report an absence online here. Leave a message detailing the nature of the absence, your child’s name and his/her teacher’s name. Messages may be left at any time of night or morning and are retrieved on a daily basis.
- If your child needs to be DISMISSED EARLY, please send a note to school with your child in the morning, listing the time for pick-up and the reason. Children leaving school prior to 3:25 pm will be marked as an early dismissal. Please note, three tardies or early dismissals count as one absence.
- If your child normally rides the bus but will need to be PICKED UP at dismissal time, please send a note with your child that morning.
- Please DO NOT leave information regarding your child’s change in dismissal on a teacher’s e-mail or voicemail. They often do not have an opportunity to check their e-mail during the day and your message may not be communicated.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE SEND A NOTE WITH YOUR CHILD IN THE MORNING FOR ANY CHANGE IN YOUR CHILD'S ROUTINE.
Lost and Found
Please label all of your child’s belongings (lunchboxes, jackets, glasses etc.) Any items that are found with a name on them will be returned. The lost and found is located right outside the office. Valuables (such as money, jewelry, eyeglasses etc.) will be kept in the office. Items that have not been claimed will be donated.
We are excited about this year's PTO Team. At the core of our organization we continue to have heart, spirit, energetic and dedicated people. At Copper Hill our volunteers and PTO make a difference. Remember that we are all here to leave our paw prints on tomorrow. 🐾
Would you like to volunteer for the CH PTO? Help us create a strong Copper Hill Family. Volunteer! Sign up here: https://forms.gle/gw59v8C1bbWU15D77
Did you know the Copper Hill PTO has a Facebook group? Join our FaceBook Group today! Just search “Copper Hill Elementary School PTO” or try the link below. www.facebook.com/groups/546291015501685/
For security purposes you will be asked 3 questions prior to gaining access.
The team started off the year with one of our more popular fundraisers, Joe Corbi’s. We sold over 540 items. Orders will be available for pick up at the school on October 15th during Family Book Fair Preview Night.
Copper Hill has been partnering with Scholastic Books for over 5 years. Literacy development is a key component to empowering youth and strengthening the community. Join us Friday, October 15th for our Scholastic Book Fair Family Preview Night. In school sale 10/20-10/22.
Meet with the PTO / Community Meeting
If you missed the PTO’s first monthly community meeting, mark your calendars. The PTO will meet via Zoom Thursday October 28 from 7-8pm . We will review what we’ve done, where we’re going, and how you can help.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 4562 8054
Please feel free to contact us with questions, suggestions and feedback at:
Co- President Jacque Beason
Co- President Lauren Levin
Co-Vice President Alyssa Kayser
Co-Vice President Caitlin Ryan Persche
Co- Treasurer Tara Kraatz
Co- Treasurer Angelique Parashis
Kindergarten Back to School Night- Wednesday, 10/6