The Dolphin Digest
November 30, 2020
Covid Cases at Smithfield
We have just learned that additional individual(s) at Smithfield have tested positive for COVID-19. We continue to work very closely with Mecklenburg County Public Health (MCPH) to follow all protocols and to identify all students and staff who had close contact* with these individuals and need to quarantine. If you or your child is identified as a close contact to this case, you will receive separate communication from MCPH with additional information and instructions. At this time, none of our cases are considered close contact with students or staff.
In the meantime, we are following CMS protocols to clean and disinfect impacted areas of the building and continue to reinforce all of the COVID prevention measures we have put in place in the school setting.
Please also let us know immediately if your child develops symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for all that you are doing to keep our school and our community healthy, including by practicing the 3 W’s—wearing a face covering, waiting 6 feet apart, and washing your hands.
For general information regarding COVID-19, please visit https://www.mecknc.gov/covid-19/Pages/Home.aspx or call the MCPH COVID-19 Hotline at 980-314-9400.
* A close contact is defined as someone who has been within 6 feet of a person currently infected the virus for at least 15 minutes total beginning 2 days before the person became sick (or two days before the date of the COVID test date if the person doesn’t have symptoms)
Due TODAY- CMS Transportation Survey
- A survey to inform the district about students’ transportation needs for the second semester will be posted on the CMS website and school websites starting Monday, Nov. 16. Families will need their student ID number to complete the transportation survey.
- The transportation choice will last through the end of the second semester.
Donors Choose- GIVING TUESDAY (12/1)
On December 1st,beginning at 7am, Giving Tuesday, every donation to every project on Donors Choose will be doubled thanks to a match led by Family Album!
This is a great opportunity to help our teachers get their projects funded quickly. We will post more information tomorrow on our social media sites.
Here is a link to the Donors Choose projects at Smithfield:
Requests to transfer between Plan B and Full Remote Academy
Quail Hollow Middle School- VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE
Join us to learn more, and ask questions about our leadership magnet program.
Registration is required.
School Choice Lottery Round 1:
November 30 - December 13, 2020
School of Leadership
Registration Link (Spanish):
Futuros Estudiantes Open House Virtual
E S C U E L A ME D I A D E L I D E R A Z G O Q U A I L H O L L OW
En QHMS, estamos en un camino a la universidad a través de P erseverance, A chievement, T houghtfulness, y S alud.
Open House Virtual
Escuela Media Quail Hollow, una escuela de CMS
2901 Smithfield Church Road
Charlotte, NC 28210
Únase a nosotros para obtener más información y hacer preguntas sobre nuestro
programa magnet de liderazgo. Es necesario registrarse.
Ronda 1 de la lotería de elección de escuela:
30 de noviembre - 13 de diciembre de 2020
Enlace de registro en español:
2020 Smithfield PTA Capital Campaign
Our 2020 Capital Campaign is still underway. Please note that 100% of your donation goes to Smithield. Check out the video below to see how your donation helps our wonderful teachers. So far, we have raised a little over $2000. We are hoping to make that number go way up. Ways to donate include:
· Cash or Check: Payable to Smithfield PTA
· Credit or Debit Card Online at: https://smithfield.memberhub.store/shopping/categories/6857
· Venmo: @SmithfieldElem-PTA (Please add Capital Campaign in the memo.)
· Double your donation via Corporate Matching: Contact your employer’s Human Resources Department for details. Some employers who match include: Ally Bank, Aon Hewitt, AT&T, AXA, Bank of America, Beacon Partners, Charlotte Palm Corps, Duke Energy, GE Foundation, Goodrich, Home Depot, Kraft, LPL Financial, Premier, and TIAA.
o Please include a copy of your employer’s matching form
Each child will have an Agenda that will go between home and school every day.
Weekly ConnectEd email newsletters
Facebook (Smithfield PTA):
School Website: http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/smithfieldES