Creating strong home school connections for student success!
Great First Day
Thanks to everyone for making the first day for our students such a great day! We had a full house this morning at drop off and during our PTO meeting. A HUGE shout out to our PTO for volunteering throughout the summer, meet and teacher and for all their support to get the school year up and started. And last, but certainly not least, a HUGE shout out to the best staff in HISD!
Pick Up Reminders
Just a quick overview below to help pick up go a bit smoother tomorrow:
- K,1,5 and siblings are picked up using the Birdwood loop
- 2,3,4 are picked up using the Jason loop
- If your child is extended day, but sure they know which days they are staying for extended day. If you decide they are not staying for extended, please let your child's teacher know or contact the main office before dismissal.
- This week expect lines to be slower, especially on Birdwood. Our kindergarten students in particular take a bit to come out of the building and some even fall asleep during the dismissal process. Please be patient.
- Make sure you have your car tags visible and ready. This helps to speed up the pick up process but also helps us to connect the right students with the right parent.
The Three R's for Lovett Community
Open house dates are as follows:
September 3rd: Grades K,2,4
September 4th: Grades 1,3,5
Open house is 5:30-7:00 and will begin with a general session in the MPR. Open house is a time for parents only. We do not encourage you to bring students as it's important that you and the teachers have time to talk and discuss a variety of items.
If you need to bring your child with you that evening, we will have a Lovett student room available for Lovett students. Please be mindful that we can not accommodate babies or pre-school children.
Parent University Save the Date!
Share your expertise with our students
2019- 2020 School Hours
7:00 a.m. Doors open/Cafeteria is open for breakfast
7:30 a.m. First bell rings and teachers greet students at the classroom doors
7:35 a.m. Second bell rings
7:40 a.m. Tardy bell(students should be seated in class by this time)
2:50 p.m. Dismissal bell
3:05 p.m. All students should be picked up if not staying for extended day