Thursday 17th January 2019
Term 2 Coffee mornings - TBC
Mon 4/2 to Fri 8/2 - CNY holiday
Sat 2/3 - Community Fair
Fri 29/3 - Bollywood Night
Fri 12/4 Term ends @ 12pm
Important message for bus users...
Dear Bus families,
Term 2 activities have now started.
To ensure the safe and timely departure of the after school buses, it is imperative that we know which days your child/ren will be travelling on the bus.
You will be receiving a GOOGLE FORM via email, please all submit your responses by Monday 21st January
Community Fair and Garage Sale
- Date: Saturday 2nd March
- Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Place: School car park and lower playground.
The Community Fair and Garage Sale is a lovely event with a strong following within the school community. Mr Brewster will be on the BBQ, children and families can hire a table and up-cycle their unwanted toys, games, and lots of outside vendors are joining us with some great coffee, snacks, games and crafts.
Commercial tables (W1800mmxD600mm) are available for hire at the following prices:
- Kennedy parents: HK$300
- Outside vendors: HK$450
Garage Sale tables (for second hand goods) are now available:
- Child's table - smaller table for students selling their own things only - HK$85
- Adult table - (size as commercial) for adults selling their own second hand goods - HK$185
We were lucky enough to have two assemblies last week with the founder of Retykle - Sarah Garner. This HK company gave the children some really interesting facts about the fashion industry and its huge environmental consequences.
The good news you can up-cycle good quality children's clothes by visiting www.retykle.com and earn some cash. A great initiative for the children to look after their clothes and take action. You can also drop your items to the PTA office - read their guidelines and drop Vicki an email if you would like to start!
Hot lunches - 2 week trial ending Friday 25th January
Hotline - 2870 2190.
Over 100 children and staff have tried the hot lunch delivery. Have you signed up? Have a look at the website today, you still have chance to give it a try! There are three different options daily, with all payment and ordering done directly with the company.
Do you have any feedback? Email Vicki with your children's opinions on the food.
Things to be mindful of when ordering
- you need to book a lunch at least 4 days in advance.
- there are three yummy options each day: Asian, Western and Vegetarian. Its best to sit down with the children when picking options so they are not too surprised when lunch arrives!
- although there is a "snack option" the food is delivered ready for lunchtime and NOT snack! Therefore you will still have to send the children in with something for their mid-morning break.
- don't forget to pack their cutlery! Disposable items are not included for environmental reasons!
- if the children have a hot lunch they will NOT be able to go to Stanley Ho that day. Please do let them know you have ordered for them!
- if your child is sick or on a school trip, you will need to contact The New Luncher directly - not school (regarding lunch!). Please do not order food on days where the children are out of school for trips. Its down to you, not the school to look through the diary of events.
You are not obliged to order every day, so why not give it a try and see what you think!