Madonna School News
June 7, 2020
Strathoncona Library GRADE ONE Reading KIts June 22nd to June 26th.
June 22nd to June 26th Monday-Friday, 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
*If you are unable to pick up during these hours, please email email@example.com to arrange an alternative time.
Grade One Reading Kits
If you’re in grade one during June 2020, your special Grade One Reading Kit is ready and waiting for you. The kit is free and contains fun activities that will keep you reading all summer long!
WHAT IS IN THE KIT?
- An activity booklet with parent guide
- A Great Reads bookmark
- A Super Reader colouring poster
- A special gift book funded by Enbridge
- An invitation to pick up your free library card!
WHEN CAN I GET A KIT?
Available from June 2 to August 28, 2020.
HOW DO I OBTAIN A KIT?
From June 2 to 26, kits are available for pickup just outside the Community Centre doors, next to the outdoor library book drop. Pickup is available from Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, according to your school’s assigned pickup week.
- Kits have been packed by healthy library staff equipped with personal protective equipment and are sealed in a plastic bag.
- If you're unable to pick up a kit during these hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
- When picking up kits, please ensure that social distancing measures are being followed and precautions are being taken.
- We trust that Strathcona County residents are aware how special these kits are to grade one students in the area, and that they will only be picked up for students who are finishing grade one in 2020.
Please check back for updates about picking up kits in July and August.
Thank you to Enbridge for their generous sponsorship and support of the Grade One Reading Kits.
Last Instructional Day for Students
Report Cards will be open to parents on June 26th.
Also, your child's next year teacher will be sending your child a letter in the mail on June 26th welcoming them into their next year.
May 25 to June 23 -->Library Books, Text Books and Chromebook returns. We are taking back books daily between 8:30 and 3:30
June 10 - for grade 4 students... Virtual Tour of OLPH school and St.Theresa school
June 17 - Year End Mass ... Virtual
June 18 at 10:00 am - Grade 4 Farewell ...Virtual
June 19 - Last Instructional Day for Students
June 24 - School Council Mtg. 7 PM all parents are invited.
June 26 - Report Cards opened on the parent portal