April 11, 2016
Green Pastures Preschool
Tuesday - Brinnley (15 students)
Wednesday - Pantry Snack
Thursday - Kieren Snack (15 students)
Fun on the Farm
St. Jude's Trike - a - thon
2. This week begins a daily lesson about bike safety
3. Participation forms are due by Tuesday April 19. Some kids brought them home Thursday, others will be bringing them home early this week. Please return the participation form to school on or before next Tuesday.
4. What to Bring: Bike, trike, etc of your choice. (Something your student is comfortable riding. Some of us are still learning, so bring whatever works best.) Helmet for riding and appropriate outerwear. Please send a jacket with your child just in case it is cool.
5. You may drop your "bike" off with your child that morning. We will park them in the vestibule of the church to keep them safe. If you plan to attend the trike -a - thon, you may bring their trike with you at 10:30.
6. We will bring our "riders" outside to the church parking lot at about 10:30 am, riding will begin at 10: 45. You may come to watch and/or help your child participate at this time. We will give them a snack around 11:15. After snack we will clean up and then you are free to leave.
7. Donations are due at the end of the month. All money collected needs to be returned to me/preschool by Thursday April 28th.
Some of you know that my daughter battled neuroblastoma for a little over a year when she was only 18 months old. She received 6 rounds of chemotherapy, stem cell harvest and transplant, radiation and antibody therapy.
We didn't go to St. Jude's for any of her therapy, but we know many who did. The research and support that they provide is important.
This is what cancer looks like. My family is very, very fortunate. Laney is 3 years post therapy.
I love that I get to teach our preschoolers about bike safety while encouraging them to help kids who are sick. I believe that these are both important lessons for all to learn.