November 14, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- Our Gym was a-glow with energy and pride for the PTO sponsored K.I.S.S. (Kids Invite Someone Special) Glow Party last Friday night. The decorations and give-aways were such fun. Everyone loved the photo booth. Thank you, PTO!
- We honored and thanked 60 Veterans during our Assembly on Veterans Day. Our students sang, read their own poetry, shared artwork, and listened to Veterans tell their stories. We had a special guest, Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick, who honored our school and our Veterans Day activities with an American Flag that was flown over the Capitol. It was an overall huge success that was made possible by our Veterans Day Committee, our custodians, all teachers, students, staff, PTO and parent volunteers, and especially, Mrs. Kristen Sleicher who spent countless hours coordinating and helping make the day a beautiful tribute to our Country's Heroes. Please see the beautiful tribute video (below) created and shared by Mr. Dennis McGovern who, along with his daughter Hailey, did so much to make our Veteran's Day special.
- Our PTO sponsored Book Fair has been going on all week and continues into tomorrow. Students have enjoyed being able to pick and pay for their own books during school and during our evening Fair last night where we welcomed 80 Warwick Bears to the Fair! Congratulations to Ervad M. and Matty F. for winning the book baskets! Thank you PTO and Mrs. Chris Kehan for this wonderful opportunity for our students.
- Our Celebrate Education visitations are in full swing! Please check the schedule emailed to all Warwick parents and guardians to reference when scheduled visitations are taking place.
What's Happening Next?
- Tonight is our Title One Parent Night at 6:30 PM. We urge invited parents and guardians to park in the main lot off Meetinghouse Road and enter the side door. Our meeting will take place in the Quest Room (#17).
- On Sunday, November 17, it is PTO Family Fun Day at MOD Pizza in Warrington! Remember to mention that you are a Warwick Bear Family :)
- Kindness Club will meet on Monday, November 18, after school until 5 PM.
- We will have school picture retakes on Wednesday, November 20. If you want your child to have their school picture retaken, please send in your child's pictures so they can be returned on picture retake day. Please note that all students will be receiving a class picture after picture retake day (see Class Photo note below).
- The 6th grade class photo for the yearbook will also be taken next Wednesday, November 20. Order forms to purchase this picture for your 6th grader will come home as soon as we receive them.
- There is a PTO General Meeting on Wednesday, November 20 at 7 PM in the Library. All Warwick parents and guardians are welcome to attend. Please park in the main lot off Meetinghouse Rd and enter using the side door.
On Thursday, November 21 at 7 PM, Dr. Michael Bradley presents "Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind" as part of Parent Positive.
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
'Tis the Season to Give...
Aramark is offering a Thanksgiving day meal at all Elementary Schools on Tuesday, November 19th. The meal consists of Turkey and Gravy, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Cornbread and a Pumpkin Parfait. For every Thanksgiving meal sold to students and faculty on this day, Aramark will be donating 10 cents worth of groceries to the Doylestown Food Pantry.
School Visits & Security
Thank you to everyone who checked out our last Weekly. Here is a look at how many that was from our Analytics...
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.