Reading is Succeeding
October is Dyslexia Awareness Month
#1. All Dyslexic students write letters in reverse.
#2. Dyslexia only causes difficulties in reading and writing.
#3. One of the primary reading characteristics of dyslexia is difficulty reading words in isolation.
#4. The TPRI assessment done in Kindergarten through 2nd grade can be used as data for supporting the testing of a student.
#5. The rapid growth of the brain and its responsiveness to instruction in the primary years make the time from birth to age 8 a critical period for literacy development.
#6. Components of Dyslexia instruction should include phonological awareness, sound-symbol association, syllabication, orthography, morphology, syntax, reading fluency and comprehension, along with vocabulary.
Be the first to answer these questions correctly, either true or false and win a prize. Respond to this email with your answers.
- Imagined story but set in the real world.
- Has narrative structure with characters, plot and setting.
- Portrays life as it could be lived today.
- Can be fiction or nonfiction
- Uses fewer words to convey meaning
- Appeals to the thoughts and feelings of the reader
- Placement of words helps you know how to read