Tomcats This Week
Striving For Excellence
Are you tired? Are our kids tired? Yes? This is WHY....
Look at a sample of what YOU and our kids did this week? (sure I missed a few!)
Never Forget.....Everything you do takes time, energy, focus... BUT excellent for our kids! (Listed in no particular order... it's all important work)
- DELIVERED QUALITY INSTRUCTION EVERDAY!
- EOC focus everyday in English, Biology, US History and Algebra I
- 8th grade parent orientation
- Dual-Credit parent meeting
- Leadership and Instructional Team Meetings
- All students grades 8-11 completed next year's course offerings
- UIL One Act Play performance (practice after school everyday)
- Staff Meeting
- Drill Team and Color Guard Tryouts (practice after school everyday)
- Drug Testing (students)
- Geometry In Construction Class experienced purchasing materials at Lowe's
- Jaclyn Rodgers competed in State Powerlifting Meet
- Track Meet, Baseball and Softball games (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
- Practice for FFA competition every morning before school
- Tutorials/make up tests before, after school, during break
- Culinary students served lunch for area principal's
- Culinary students served lunch to staff (like they do every Friday)
- FFA students in Houston
- UIL Academic coaching (everyday)
- Prepare for Cheerleader Captain tryouts
- Behind the scenes... the list is long.... i.e. getting ready for Prom (Jr. and Sr. Sponsors)
THANK YOU. YOU ARE APPRECIATED.
Encourage upcoming Juniors and Seniors to take dual-credit when you see them!
8th grade parent orientation
Emily and Chad did a great job of meeting with our 8th grade parents and students!
Take Care of Each Other!
THIS WEEK (MARCH 21-25)
Stay Focused... Four Days!
What Quadrant C/D activity are your kids going to do this week? Review powerpoint from the staff meeting! (we will go over the power point for staff that missed meeting this week.)
EOC English Test- next Tuesday and Thursday... Emily and Courtney! We are with you!
Check out the new decorations in our Collaborative Classroom! Thank you Marci and Sam!
- Leadership Team Meeting - (10:00 am)
- School Board Meeting- 7:00pm (student of the month is Sean Payne!)
- 7th period- meet with staff that could not attend staff meeting
- Balfour will deliver Senior Cap and Gown's during break in the library
- One Act Play Competes @ Farmersville! Good Luck!
- Baseball/Softball @ Commerce- Go Cats!
Susan- Brittany- Vannessa- off campus- Conference 2A Principal's and Curriculum Meeting
Thursday: Spirit Wear Thursday!
- Track Meet @ Lindsay
- FYI- Susan in ARD's all morning- (text if need something- I can check in between ARD's and take care of what you need!)
Friday: NO SCHOOL! GET SOME REST!
- Baseball/Softball vs. Van Alstyne