Sprague High School OLY Updates
A weekly newsletter focusing on all things Sprague
March 2nd, 2021
Spring Conferences are coming
Virtual Conference Hours:
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Virtual Conferences
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Virtual Conferences
Sprague's families will be able to sign up for conference times electronically, just like occurred in the fall. Additional information will be sent out on how to sign up next week in our weekly newsletter. All teaching staff have been directed to update grades by Monday March 8th and we encourage families to view Synergy (StudentView or ParentView) to view updated student grades.
Meet Sprague's new Community School Outreach Coordinator
AP Testing Sign-ups Closing Soon
Dear AP Students and Families,
Here are some friendly reminders about the AP Testing Process this year.
1. All students in an AP course MUST sign on to College Board to create or verify their College Board Account.
2. AP students then must register into their AP courses, using the unique Join Code provided to them by their AP Teachers.
3. Payment will be done through Payment Portal
Information about AP Testing
- When: (New updated schedule will be communicated to you soon - Still in May/June)
- Cost: $75
- Last day to register in your AP courses: March 5, 2021
- Last day to pay: March 5, 2021
- Late payment: Not possible for Q3/Q4 courses
- Can I get a fee reduction? Yes, if you qualify for free/reduced lunch please fill out this form first before clicking on the payment portal, and then contact Assistant Principal, Mr. Harris at email@example.com.
- Fee reduction Form - complete before payment
- Pay for your Exam through Payment Portal
- Payment - Step by step Guide
- What if I decide not to test: Full refund is available as all cancellation fees will be waived this year. Contact the Bookkeeper, Kim Sealey at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Mr. Harris at email@example.com.
Sprague’s AP Website: Please visit http://spragueap.blogspot.com/ .
If you have any additional questions, please contact Mr. Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical assistance needs please check out the district’s HomeCoach webpage - https://salkeiz.k12.or.us/homecoach/. You can also call the Sprague main line Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm for direct supports as well - 503-399-3261.
Attention Sprague Graduates
The deadline to order your graduation announcements, or cap and gown set, is Friday, March 5th. You can place your order directly with Jostens at www.jostens.com. Sprague’s Graduation is scheduled for Friday, June 11th and will be held at Sprague High School in the Olympic Stadium. At this time, we do not yet know if we will be able to have one ceremony or if we will need to have multiple ceremonies. This will be dependent on the approved size of outdoor group gatherings at that time. As these plans are confirmed we will provide updated information to our families.
Sprague Student Hosted Blood Drive
In March Sprague is hosting their very own Blood Drive. The drive will be held at the LDS Church (4550 Lone Oak Rd) on Tuesday, March 9th, 2021 from 1pm-6pm. This is an awesome opportunity to serve in our community during these difficult times.
To be eligible to donate blood you must be 16 years or older, but this drive is open to anyone in the community. This means not only students can participate but parents and friends as well! If you are 16 years of age and would like to sign up you will need to fill out a parents consent form and bring it to the drive when you come at your assigned time (the document is linked below).
To sign up to donate click the link below and select the drive at the "LDS Stake-Center" to sign up for a time. We are so excited to be putting this on and hope you take this opportunity, you will help save lives! Every person who signs up makes a difference, so reach out to people you know and come bring a friend:)
If you have any questions at all please reach out to Macie Johnson (email@example.com)
~Macie Johnson, ASB Secretary
Limited In Person Instruction Opportunities
- Sprague is hosting many on campus small learning groups each day. We have room for additional students to participate. Avariety of groups are offered Tuesday through Friday from 9:15am to 11:15am or 12:30pm to 2:30pm. Transportation may be provided depending on where you live.
- If any family would like to request to come to Sprague for limited in person instruction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This Week's Highlights
- New Oly Showcase March 4th
- AP Testing sign-ups due by March 5th
- Jostens orders due by March 5th (for Class of 2021 graduates)
- Sign ups for Limited In Person Instruction (ongoing)