Association for Jewish Theatre
Come See What's New
REDEFINING JEWISH THEATRE IN AN AGE OF MULTI-CULTURALISM
APRIL 3–6, 2016
St. Louis, MO.
AJT Conference Snapshot
- Kimberly Senior, keynote – Broadway director, recently directed Ayad Akhtar’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play Disgraced
- Tribute to the late Theodore Bikel, celebrating his life and devotion to our cause
- Playwrights’ and Solo Performers’ Showcase
- Free private performance of Goodbye Marianne by St. Louis Repertory Theater’s Imaginary Theater Company
- Special workshop using the real-life example of “the Ferguson incidents” to develop a lens for and learn how the arts and Jewish culture can be integral in understanding and providing action. Facilitated by local activist rabbis, ministers and arts professionals
- Keynotes, hands-on workshops, roundtables, and conversations with thought-leaders in theatre, non-profits, and Jewish culture
- Networking opportunities with theatre-makers from around the world
- Theatre Machers Fellowships for Ages 20-35 (info. below) -Deadline January 29th
- Playwrights’ and Solo Performers’ Showcase (info. below) -Deadline December 31st
- Reduced Rate for Preferred Hotel (info. below) -Deadline February 1st
Call for Playwrights and Solo Performers
The Playwrights’ and Solo Performers’ Showcase, a juried showcase, is calling for scripts and performances reflecting Jewish heritage, identity, culture, ethnic, and/or spiritual content, however it is defined by that theatre-maker (10-minute selection). For the complete submission process and deadlines, see the AJT Conference page at http://afjt.com.
Theatre Machers Fellowships for Ages 20-35
The Theatre Machers Fellowships, provide substantial conference-fee subsidies for emerging theatre-makers, ages 20-35 years. A $50 deposit is required with the application; that is returned only if the T-M Fellow attends the conference. They are limited in number. Fellowships cover most of the conference-registration fees (not hotel and travel). Application deadline with the $50 deposit is January 29. For an application form, contact Eli Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Your Hotel Room Now
Dear AJT Conference Attendees:
We are pleased to offer rooms for a very discounted rate in St Louis at the Moonrise Hotel, a very chic boutique hotel. The special conference rooms are for a limited time only and a limited number, since we have to release any rooms we have not booked by a certain date in order to not incur a penalty. Please book as soon as possible. The rates for the conference dates April 3 - 6 are $129 - $139 per night depending on the size room. If you plan to stay before or after the conference the rates go up about $40 - $50 more per night. Any reservations received after February 5 will be subject to availability and may not be at the discounted group rate.
You may book and reserve by doing the following:
- Calling the hotel directly and ask for in house reservations at 314-721-1111 and asking for The Association for Jewish Theatre Group rate
- Going to www.moonrisehotel.com and filling in the appropriate reservation information on the left side of the opening screen. In the box labeled “Group Code” fill in your booking code, which is jewishtheatre16 and the reservation will be made at your discounted rate.
- Emailing our reservations department at Reservations@moonrisehotel.com.
- Always feel free to email me and I would be happy to take care of your reservations.
We are looking forward to hosting you and your guests! SEE MOONRISE BROCHURE ATTACHED
President, David Y. Chack; Vice President, Doug Brook; Vice President, Hank Kimmel
Vice President, Aaron Henne; Treasurer, Susan Lodish; Secretary, Kathleen Sitzer. Sara Bookin-Weiner, Jordana Halpern, Ronda Spinak, Joanna Caplan, Noemi Schlosser
Ex Officio non-voting: Moti Sandak, Ellen Schiff, Robert Skloot. Honorary Member - Theodore Bikel (deceased). Immediate Past President, Mira Hirsch. Coordinator, Eli Taylor.