St. E Close Up Washington, DC Trip
November 3-8, 2013
St. Elizabeth Juniors and Seniors Are Invited to Join!
An Unforgettable Week in Washington, D.C.!
The Close Up program is like no other! You will learn more than you ever thought possible, achieve more than you ever thought you could, and have more fun than we could ever explain! We put you in the center of the action in one of the world’s most exciting cities. During our fast-paced, interactive programs in the nation’s capital, you will take part in thrilling, challenging and unforgettable activities as you breathe in all that Washington has to offer. Close Up not only allows you to see your government, but to be part of your government. Please visit www.CloseUp.org for more information.
You will. . .
• See D.C.’s famous monuments and memorials close up;
• Discuss current issues that face your community and country;
• Visit the world-renowned Smithsonian Museums;
• Make new friends from around the nation;
• Meet with your Congressional delegation and/or their staffs;
• Talk with members of Congress, Washington insiders & journalists;
• Experience Embassy Row;
• Customize your program during our Thursday electives;
• Debate hot topics during our dynamic mock congress activity;
• Capture awe-inspiring views of D.C.’s famous landmarks at night;
• Enjoy a theater performance, banquet and dance; and
• Discover D.C.’s vibrant neighborhoods and so much more
Explore Capitol Hill!
Examine Lincoln's legacy as he struggled to lead the nation through crisis!
Pay tribute to those who served and sacrificed!
Debate and discuss current events!
Library of Congress
Visit historical sites!
Ride the Metro
Explore D.C. with your teachers, classmates, and new friends from around the nation!
Program cost per student: $1,224.00 (not including transportation)
What’s included in the cost:
-Program tuition and instruction
-Quality hotel accommodation
-3 meals per day during the program
-Close Up Representative for your school
-Access to Georgetown Medical Center
-24-hour adult supervision and security
-All entrance fees and gratuities
-Group photo, certificate and souvenir
-Secondary medical and liability insurance
-Coach bus transportation around the city