November 4, 2021
Hello SVDP Community,
On Monday, our seventh grade hosted a beautiful Mass for All Saints Day. Remember, parents are now invited to celebrate Mass with our students. We hope to see you soon, and be sure to sit in the back pews.
With our first trimester closing, this newsletter includes information and updates about visiting campus, volunteering, and Open House / VAPAFest! Read on!
Trimester 2 Infection Mitigation Plan Updates
- Masks will still be required both indoors and outdoors
- Parent volunteers in limited capacity and with approved clearance are welcome on campus (see below)
- All parents will be admitted into the school lobby to check their student(s) in / out of school
To volunteer at any SVDP activity, you must have the following:
- Submit Livescan Fingerprinting (see attached form below) - Find a local business that can submit your fingerprints through the Livescan screening process. If you have already done this for previous SVDP volunteer requirements, you do not need to do it again. We will receive your fingerprinting clearance through your Virtus account (see #2). Please note that if you have done Livescan fingerprinting for other volunteer or professional requirements, you must still complete specifically for SVDP.
- Complete Protecting God's Children training module on Virtus - If you have never done this, create an account at www.virtusonline.org and take the course "Protecting God's Children." If you previously completed the training, make sure your three-year certification is still valid. Existing certification can be checked by logging in to your existing Virtus account at www.virtusonline.org.
- Proof of COVID vaccination must be emailed to email@example.com.
Once you've completed all three of these requirements, your SchoolSpeak profile will be updated with a green check-mark (like the one above). When entering campus to volunteer, please use your phone to show your SchoolSpeak profile to the front office for admission. Sign-in as a visitor at the front desk and proceed to your volunteer assignment. Remember to sign out too.
All parents are encouraged to complete these requirements now, but they must be completed 24 hours prior to volunteering. Without your green-checked profile, we cannot welcome you to volunteer.
We are currently looking for volunteers in the following roles:
- ChoiceLunch - We need eight volunteers - two for each day of the week (Tuesday - Friday) to assist in distributing ChoiceLunch to our students. Volunteers must commit to the same day each and every week through Trimester 2 (February 25). Staff will fill in when shift volunteers are not available. Information on how to sign up will be distributed soon.
- K-2 Read Aloud - Parent volunteers will be solicited by the teachers, who will provide more class-specific information.
- Field Trips - Parent volunteers will be solicited by the teachers organizing class-specific field trips.
- Kindergarten Lunch Duty (beginning in January) - Look for more information from the K Team.
VAPA Fest / Open House
Have you missed the interior of SVDP? Have you never seen the interior of SVDP? Then join us on November 11th. We've expanded our VAPA Fest (see flyer below) to include Open House classroom visits and an art show in the remodeled cafe. No RSVP required, masks must be worn inside campus buildings. Sorry, we can't host dinner this time, but look forward to adding this element back in the future.
Parish-School Mass Survey 2021
To boost family attendance at Mass, we are considering having one of the weekend Masses as a regular School Mass. This would involve the creation of a prayerful space that will serve our parish-school community, and where students could minister as members of the choir, lectors, altar servers, and gift bearers. Please answer the questions below so we can determine when such a service would work for your family.
Please respond to the following survey. Thank you for your time on this matter.
This survey will close tomorrow, November 5th. Please submit your responses.
The Project Night Night book collection has been extended through November 19th. Use the link below for more information. Books can be handed to Mrs. Barkley or Mrs. Della Cella at morning assembly.
8th Grade Beach Clean-Up
SVDP FAMILY REFERRAL PROGRAM
The Advisory Board and the Administration know that our amazing families are the best spokespeople for SVDP. To remain competitive in the San Francisco school marketplace, we must attract families that share our educational standards, values, and sense of community. For these reasons, the Advisory Board is pleased to announce a Family Referral Program.
Beginning July 1, 2021, if you recommend a family that accepts enrollment and pays all their fees, incidental charges, and tuition through October for the 2022-2023 school year, the Finance Committee will apply a $500 credit to your FACTS account in October 2022. You will get $500 for each successful referral, with a max of three referral credits. Only one SVDP family may claim a referral. The FACTS credit must be used towards tuition, not incidental charges. When a family applies, they should include the name of the referring family on their application. Online applications have been updated to include this information. The referring family does not need to write a letter of recommendation to receive the credit.
Follow the link to read the latest news on our school reopening plan.