Pennington's PreK Room 203
Theme 4 Week 1 & 2 - 11/30-12/4 - Choices
7:25 - 8:15 Arrival / Breakfast
Greeting Circle 08:05-08:25
Commitment for the week: Listening Ears
Today's Morning Message:
I make thoughtful choices daily.
- Display the pocket letter Mm. Do not write the message yet. Say the message twice.
- Ask the students to identify the word that begins with a M sound.
- Write the sentence showing the students how to space out each word.
- Ask student to circle the letter Mm
Move and Learn
Routines to Work on
- Coughing and sneezing into your elbow
- Sitting Criss Cross on the floor
- Walking in a straight line
- Saying Yes ma'am, No ma'am
- Raise your hand before speaking
Fire Drill Today
8:30 - 9:00 Centers / Small Group (Red)
Small Group: Red - Number Recognition & Colors
9:00 - 9:30 Centers / Small Group (Blue)
9:30 - 10:00 Outdoor Learning
Charlie Chipmunk's Thoughtful Choices
Challenge students to listen to the kinds of choices Charlie makes each day.
Questions to ask:
Was it fair that Charlie didn't change the station when his sister was watching TV?
What choices have you made today?
Mm, Dd, Ss
Today Practice writing the letter Dd and find items that start with the letter Dd.
Daily Literacy Practice
- writing your name
- putting together name puzzle
- practice saying the letters and sounds of the letters in your name when someone points to the letters in random order
- Review flashcards for letters c, f, m, t, h, n, o, r, p, k, s, b, l, w, z
- Add Letter Dd to the flashcards. Make one that is the uppercase letter and one that is the lowercase letter. Review these letters each day.
- Find things in your house that start with each letter we have studied.
- write the numbers
- make 2 groups of 5
- count each group and try to count to 10 by 5's (five, ten)
Shape of the week: Square