Weekly News & Notes - January 11th - 15th
Upcoming Events . . .
November 23rd - January 12th:
- CBSD Art Department T-shirt Sale - Art Scholarship Fund
December 2nd - January 15th:
- Fuzzy Puppy Foundation Collection - See Below
January 6th - 12th:
- 3rd Grade Motion Assessment
- Home & School Association General Meeting - 7:00 PM - Titus Dining Room
- 2nd Grade PEN - Mr. Bear Day
- 5th Grade NOVA Cyber Bullying Presentations
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
- 6th Grade PEN - Robotics Presentations at Buckingham ES
- iRun4Life Registration Information in Wednesday's Folder
- Young Engineers' Night - CB East HS - See information below
- Home & School Association - MLK Night of Service -More information to follow in January 13th Wednesday Folder
- Home & School Association K - 3 Magic Night
Paws for Pride . . .
Congratulations to last week’s Paws for PRIDE winners: Malek Kharroubi, Jonathan Peacock, Dalton VanZanten, Brady Bell, Ryan Devine, Dhriti Kiran, and Keith McGovern
These students were chosen at random to be recognized and celebrated for demonstrating one of our five character traits - Pride, Respect, Individual Responsibility, Determination & Empathy. Thank you to all of the Titus families for your support of our Paws for PRIDE program.
Follow us on Twitter . . .
We Are Back & In Need of Some Help . . .
Before we send out the registration forms for the iRun4Life program in the Spring, we would like to have an estimate of coaches for the program. We are looking for those with children in 3rd through 6th grades that are available on Wednesdays from 3:15 PM-4:30 PM starting on March 16 and ending on May 4. Last year we had teams of 10-15 kids with 2-3 coaches per team. You do not need to be a runner to be a coach. Your main responsibilities will be to help manage miles and distribute raffle tickets, keep the kids organized, and help support and encourage them in their running, nutritional, and "good deed" goals.
Home & School Association:
Yearbook Announcement . . .
It's that time again!! In search of 1st day of school, Harvest Breakfast, Celebrate Education, Book Fair, RFE and Halloween pictures. Pictures can be shared to the Titus Dropbox. Follow this link to the directions on the Home & School Association website.
K -3 Magic Night . . .
Attention K-3rd Grade Students! Save the date of January 22nd 2016 for a MAGICAL NIGHT. Our K-3 event this year will be a Magic Show put on by a fantastic magician, DEAFINITELY MAGIC!! The event will be from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM.
We would like to provide a variety of snacks for the kids. Please feel free to bring a small dessert or snack for the dessert table. Due to limited spacing, we ask that only students in K-3 attend. We look forward to sharing a little magic with you!
BoxTops Update . . .
Thank you to everyone who sent in Box Tops last month. For the month of December, we collected 1838 Box Tops! Congratulations to Miss Brennan's 2nd grade class for sending in the highest number of Box Tops last month with 205!
For the months of January and February, we will be doing a Box Tops Make Your Own Sundae contest. How it works is that for every 10 Box Tops a class brings in, they will receive a ticket in a raffle box. At the end of February, we will draw a winning ticket out of the raffle box. The class that has the winning ticket will receive an ice cream sundae party. The more Box Tops a class brings in, the greater their chances of winning!
The Rita's Water Ice contest standings are as follows:
- 1st place -Miss Anderson's 4th grade class
- 2nd place - Mrs. Duffy's 5th grade class
- 3rd place - Mr. Lesher's 4th grade class
This contest will continue until the end of May so please continue sending in your Box Tops for each month.