1754-1800 Triston Lawson
APUSH Review: Period 3 (1754 - 1800) in 10 Minutes
- The Constitution Convention was the chartering of a new, stronger government.
- Solved the weak government set up by the articles of confederation.
- Was done in secret to avoid the spirit of 76 and defined the "power" distribution in the American government.
- The main issue for the French and Indian war and American Revolution was for Britain to preserve its assets and empire.
- Britain also gained a huge profit from the colonies making these colonies Britains number one asset.
- Money and taxes are also what help lead to the American Revolution.