Week of March 21 - March 25, 2022
- SAVE THE DATES
Thurs. March 24th - PTO Meeting
Next Week (Spirit Week)
Thurs. March 31st - 6th grade field trip
Hello RMS Families,
It feels like spring has sprung and it is hard to believe it is only mid - March! There is a lot going on for students.
- We have begun MCA testing, beginning with literacy and this will continue through the end of March. Math MCAs will start after spring break!
- The Student Council is in process of reviewing all the name change submissions to a workable number to be vetted. We hope to vote on a new name in April!
- Students are planning spirit week for the last week of March, which means spring break is around the corner! (April 4 – 8)
- AVID applications are currently being accepted! Current 6th and 7th grade students will be hearing from Ms. Hart about this college-preparatory elective class.
- WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) applications due the week after Spring break April 15th. The application will be virtual. 7th grade students should expect a visit during their foundations next week from current WEB students. This will be a time to learn more about WEB, ask questions, and a brief walkthrough of the application process.
- NJHS eligible students (7th graders with a 3.0 or higher GPA) received an email invite to apply to the National Junior Honor Society! More information will be provided to them next week.
- Summer school applications opened this past week. Visit https://www.spps.org/summer to register your Middle Schooler!
- Ramsey spring sports will start on April 12, the Tuesday after Spring Break!
We are also excited to begin working with a design team in planning the building renovations that are badly needed! If you would like to learn more about the process and provide some input, please plan on attending the PTO meeting this coming Thursday, March 24 at 6:00 p.m. Members from the district and design team will be presenting an overview!
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
Safety Drills: We will be practicing the 4th lockdown drill of the school year on Monday, March 21. Please let the Ramsey Admin team know if you have any questions.
Yearbook: Use the link or code to order, last day to order a yearbook is this Friday, March 25th.
LOST & FOUND reminder: With the warmer weather, students are leaving behind many sweatshirts, hoodies and jackets. If you believe your student is missing an article of clothing, have them visit the 2nd floor Lost & Found. During spring break, the Lost & Found items will be donated.
PTO Meeting - 3/24 from 6:00-7:30pm
Thursday, March 24 · 6:00 – 7:30pm
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/dfr-fiqe-gar
Or dial: (US) +1 484-552-3288 PIN: 723 697 311#
Ramsey has begun going through the renovation process. We are in the first stage of this process, working with a design team. This team is looking for input from parents! We have invited the design team to share at the March PTO meeting, this coming Thursday (6:00-7:30 p.m.). Please consider joining us to learn more about the renovation process, ask questions and share your thoughts on what is needed to improve the building. As you consider joining us, some questions to consider are:
- The top three things I appreciate about Ramsey Middle School are…
- At the conclusion of this renovation project, I’d be really disappointed if we didn’t solve…
- The top three items/issues I want the designer to consider for our school are…
If you can't make the meeting please provide feedback here.
Families we want to hear from you. Please provide us with some feedback around the Family Engagement Plan.
Families we want to hear from you. Please provide us with some feedback around the Compact.
Thank you to all who were able to join us for our end-of-the-year celebration for Debate Team on Thursday, March 17! It's been a great year! In addition, the MN Urban Debate League has finalized our last tournaments!
March 22 - All students are invited to participate in a shortened, virtual debate. Students should log in by 3:45 pm to RMSDebate on Google Meet this coming Tuesday. We will be done by 6:15 pm. Let Ms. Bannon or Ms. Hart know if you have questions!
March 29 - Our top 4 debaters from this season (Kiernan, Andorra, Eleanor, and Ella) will be competing at the citywide championship. This will also be held virtually. Good luck to our 4 championship debaters!
Student council representatives are hard at work researching the names of potential school names.
Name Change Update Click Here
Ms. Messar’s 8th Grade ELA Classes
I hope this message finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. As the end of the quarter approaches, please be aware of the following dates:
- Tuesday March 22: Final summative assessment for the quarter (completed in class)
- Friday March 25: All zine work is due by 11:59pm
- Week of March 28: MCA reading test begins
All assignments can be found in Schoology. Reach out if you have any questions. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
AVID is now accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year. AVID is a college-preparatory elective class that meets daily for 7th and 8th grade students who are motivated to go to college. Ms. Hart is visiting 6th and 7th grade core classes to share information and applications with interested students. Reach out to Ms. Hart (email@example.com) for questions. Applications are due by March 25.
Health Office Message
Please monitor daily for symptoms of COVID-19. If any symptoms develop, stay home and test. Report positive COVID test results to the school health office. This is the best way to know of cases in our school community. We will help determine isolation and quarantine dates and when your student can return to school.
6th Grade Field Trip
Who: All 6th grade Ramsey students
When: Thurs., Mar. 31
Buses will depart Ramsey at 10:00 AM
Buses will return to Ramsey at 1:00 PM
When are forms due to Foundations teacher: March 24
Includes your skate rental, your lunch (pizza/chips/ soda), and transportation
Optional: Bring $3 cash to upgrade to rollerblades
Optional: Other snacks available for purchase if you bring extra money or for arcade games
Bussing available on Mondays and Wednesdays! Please note it does take up to 5 business days for students to receive a bus route.
Any questions contact the Flipside Coordinator, Teanna Rouillard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-744-6969
Spring Sports start Tuesday, April 12th
Spring Sports offered:
- Badminton (Girls)
- Softball (Girls)
- Baseball (Boys)
- Track & Field (Co-ed)
Athletic Permission Forms for spring sports will be handed out, during all lunches, starting Monday, March 21st.
All Athletic Permission Forms need to be handed in, to the Nurse, by Wednesday, March 30th.