The Cardinal News
Paris Elementary School January 2020
- To be considered chronically absent, students need to have missed 10% of the total number of school days at any point in time. A school year is 175 days . This means that these students missed 17.5 days or more of school by the end of the year. Both excused and unexcused absences count.
- To be considered approaching chronically absent, students have missed 8 or more days of school. Both excused and unexcused absences count.
Why does attendance matter? If children don’t show up for school regularly, they miss out on fundamental reading and math skills and the chance to build a habit of good attendance that will carry them into college and careers. We also miss your child when they are not at school and worry when we don't see them on a regular basis.
District policy regarding attendance requires administrators send letters to parents when their child's attendance is either nearing or has surpassed the chronically absent point. It is also protocol that truancy issues are reported to the superintendent. Children are considered truant when they have the equivalent of 7 full days of unexcused absences or consecutive school days of unexcused absences during a school year.
If you are struggling with getting your child to school on a regular basis, please reach out to us. We have resources and people that are ready and willing to help you and your child with attendance.
Celebrating Learning At PES
A Friendly Reminder From The Nurse
If your child is running a fever, or has vomiting or diarrhea, they are contagious and are more likely to spread their germs to everyone they come into contact with. Even without a fever, stomach viruses are highly contagious and spread easily from person to person when you have symptoms.
Thank you for helping us keep our school healthy. Have a wonderful holiday season.
Victoria Knight RN BSN
Fourth Grade Goes Exploring!
Girls On The Run
- PTO Meeting 6 pm
Friday, January 31
- 6th Grade GT Day
National School Counseling Week February 2-8
Monday, February 10
- 5th Grade GT Day at Rowe Elementary
Friday, February 14
- Student Celebration of Learning & Valentine's Day
- Family Sweetheart Dance 7 pm
February Vacation, February 14-21
Monday, February 17
- President's Day
Monday, February 24
- Students Return To School
Friday, February 28
- 6th Grade GT Day at Paris Elementary