Eagle Friday News and Notes
September 28, 2018
Don't Forget: If we reach our Jog-a-Thon donation goal of $16,500 it has been decided that Mr. Foreman has to dress up as a CHICKEN in addition to a very fun, surprise school wide event!
October 4: eLearning Day and Parent Teacher Conferences
October 4th will be e-Day at the elementary level(middle schools are on e-Day on this date as well). Elementary teachers will offer conference times for parents from 11:10AM to 7:00PM.
October 5: Eagle Outdoor Learning Experience Install Date; Dad's Club Campout @ 6:00
October 9: End of 1st Quarter
October 10: ZEF Family Book Night at EE 6:00-7:00 PM (Be sure to sign up and check out more information in the section further down in this newsletter!)
October 15-19: Fall Break - No School
Student Conferences - Oct. 3rd and 4th
- The conference days (elementary schools only) will occur on the afternoon of October 3rd (2:30-3:30) and on October 4th from 11:10 AM to 7:00PM.
- If you have not scheduled with your child's teacher, please feel free to contact them to confirm at time.
- In exactly the same way we use e-days in the event of snow or other school cancellation make up days, we will place one elementary e-day on Thursday, October 4th.
- Assignments posted (on our learning management system CANVAS) will be released on October 3rd and will have approximately one week week to complete. This time delay in turning in assignments accommodates those who have difficulty with home access to the online content (just as we do with e-days for snow or other school cancellation make-ups).
- The computer lab will be available after school on Friday, October 5 for students needing access to technology in order to complete their e-day activities. Please contact the office to make arrangements.
A Message from our PTO
- Thanks to all our wonderful Jog-A-Thon Volunteers today and for your flexibility this week!!! We hope to meet our goal of $16,500, if we do Mr. Foreman will dress up as a chicken and we will have a school wide surprise assembly! Please remember to turn in donation sheet by 10/12 the Friday before Fall Break. You can also pay via Paypal,https://eag.zcs.k12.in.us/apps/news/article/917444
- Dad's Club Campout is coming October 5th!! Stay all night or just stay for the fun a games. Sign up on using the flier that came home with your child earlier this week!
- Dine Out 10/2!!! Please check out the NEW WhichWich (Michigan Rd) on Tuesday Oct. 2 and help our school! If our school families order more than 50 sandwiches, we will receive 20% of those proceeds! We can do it! Will you pick up WhichWich for dinner Tuesday and show this flyer?(printed or on your phone) We just may pay for a field trip bus with this effort!
- Book Fair is right around the corner, it is the week of 10/3-10/10 and ends with the Eve Bunting night. The volunteer times are updated and ready and we will train anyone who signs up! Also there will be a pre-order available for the new Wimpy Kid book “The Meltdown”. Please volunteer https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/bookfairfall_2018
- Bagels, Donuts and More Needed for the Fall Teacher/Staff Coffee Bar! We are treating our teachers/staff to a coffee bar on October 12th and we need your assistance with food donations.Please sign up using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C054BACAE2EAA8-fall
- Spirit wear will be delivered to students no later than Monday, Oct. 1. The first Friday of each month is spirit wear day; Friday, Oct. 5 is first spirit wear day!
- Volunteers are needed to count box tops/labels for fall(October) and Spring(February) collections, https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/boxtoplabel_2018.
- Box top/Aunt Millie’s labels drive is coming soon October 8-12!!
- If you’d like to stay informed about Eagle events subscribe to text messages by texting @eaglepto to 81010. Like us on Facebook at Eagle Elementary PTO.
Counselor's Corner - Feelings
This week and next many of our Second Step lessons will focus on feelings. The following is part of the message we are using at school and one that you can help reinforce at home.
We are all learning to identify our own and other's feelings. We can focus out attention on someone's face or body and on the situation for clues about how the person is feeling. Sometimes people's voices and the words they say also give us clues. If someone is yelling, it might be that this person is angry. If a person is using a quiet voice, it might be that the person is scared or worried. This coming week, we will listen to people's voices for clues to figure out how they might be feeling.
Have a wonderful weekend!
We are no longer collecting bottle caps
School Lunch Information
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Field Trip Chaperones
Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
After Prom Workers
Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
Classroom Guest Speakers
Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.