Getting QRazy with QR Codes!
All about implementing QR codes in the primary classroom
What is a QR Code?
aka "Quick Response Code" this code is a series of black modules (square dots) arranged in a square pattern with a black background. These codes can be linked to a variety of data types such as audio clips, text, websites, and videos.
In Pre-K, we refer to them as "magic codes" or "secret codes" in the classroom to make things more fun!
What tools do I need in my classroom?
- A printed or projected QR code
- Any smart device with a camera which contains a QR code reader (my favorite is I-Nigma)
- Signed AUPs if you are posting videos or pictures of your students
How can I implement QR codes into my lessons and learning stations?
QR codes are great for independent work in your classroom!
- Learning Stations
- Behavior Management (reward coupons)
- Classroom Library
QRazy good resources!
- Teachers Pay Teachers - just search QR codes
- Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/teachwithnancy/qr-code-learning-stations-and-classroom-ideas/ or search QR codes in the classroom
- https://sites.google.com/site/qrcodesinclass/- she is a great resource for primary grades