4th Grade Gazette
Weekly Newsletter • February 8, 2016
What's New This Week
While 4th graders are not eligible to participate in the Pennington Science Fairs, they are expected to conduct a controlled experiment (with 3 trials), and display all parts of their experiment, data, and results on a display board. Science project packets were distributed this week. Please work with your child to ensure they fulfill the requirements and meet all deadlines. Extra copies of the packet will be emailed home as well as posted on School Fusion classroom pages. Please contact us if you have questions.
A great resource: www.sciencebuddies.org
Happy Birthday to....
- Konor Hazlet - February 1
- Najah Salahuddin - February 1
- Alex Smith - February 5
- Sara Smith - February 5
- Chelsea Perez - February 9
- Johnny Johnson - February 10
- Nnamdi Felix-Ugorji - February 10
- Rene Villaneuva - February 14
- Camila Gonzalez - February 15
- Chancellor Perkins - February 16
- Vincent Cooke - February 16
We kindly ask that you do not have your children distribute their birthday invitations during school hours. Thank you.
Next Week in Review
Patrick Henry's Famous Speech
Given March 22, 1776
It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace, but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Rescheduled Test date: Friday, February 26th
Upcoming Important Dates & Events
- Feb. 8th - PTO Board Meeting @ 6 p.m.
- Feb. 8th - PTO General Meeting @ 7 p.m.
- Feb. 15th - Presidents Day - NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 17th - Foster's Grille Spirit Night
- Feb. 19th - 3rd & 4th Grade Honor Roll & Student Recognition Ceremony @ 2:15 p.m.
- Feb. 22-26th - Multicultural Week
- Feb, 22 - Advisory Council @ 6 p.m.
- Feb. 25 - PTO Spirit Night
- Feb. 26 - Pennington Book Exchange
- Mar. 1st - Primary Election Day - NO SCHOOL