Summit High School
I hope everyone had a great first full week of school. I would like to take a minute to share my feelings with you when I saw our students entering the campus building. It was a moment of delight and excitement! The campus was vibrant again with students’ cheerfulness. They brought life back to campus and, thus we started our new academic year with a wonderful and smooth start.
- This week our Leadership students have planned their first event: a virtual dress-up week, and we hope everyone will participate! Show your school spirit by doing the following: Monday: Twin Day; Tuesday: Country Western Wear; Wednesday: Sports; Thursday-Class Decades Day; Friday: Everyone looks good in Blue! I will be participating, too! Please join me!
- Please join us virtually tomorrow evening for our annual Back to School Night. Beginning at 6:00pm, we will start with a live presentation from our Administration team. Please click here for our presentation link. Following the live presentation, we need to use your child’s laptop to log on and meet their teachers by following their daily class schedule (teachers are sending back to school calendar invites to each one of their class periods). Summit Counselors will be available tomorrow evening on TEAMS under the Counselors channel in TEAMS-Summit-Students. Counselors can assist with general questions. If you have a specific question for your student, please feel free to email your students counselor. Counselors can be found at Meet Your Counseling Team / Meet Your Counseling Team (fusd.net) See below for our Back to School Bell Schedule.
- Make-up picture day for ID cards and yearbook photos will be on August 18th. You can take your picture during your English class or during lunch.
- If you need a schedule change, please see the below for the QR code to make your request. The last day to make a request is this Friday, August 20th.
- We are taking nominations for School Site Council. School Site Council is made up of school staff, students, and parents; and is responsible for the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement—the plan of how we allocate our budgets and develop programs in service of student needs. School Site Council members have a voice in guiding Summit High School programs to meet the needs of all students. If you're interested in running for School Site Council, please click here for the nomination form. Nominations close Friday, August 27th
- AP Scores are in! Did your AP student pass their AP exam with a 3 or higher? We want to celebrate! Stop by the library and pick up your AP Summit yard sign!
- In order to get a parking permit, students must complete a “Safe Driving” computer game, developed by our very own computer science students in Mr. Perez’s class. Please use this hyperlink: https://bit.ly/3iqlm9d Once completed, fill out the Parking Permit Application click here or you can pick up a printed copy located outside of the ASB Bookkeeper’s office. The first parking permit is free. For replacement permits or extra permits, you will need to pay $10.00 each. You will need current proof of insurance, vehicle registration, your ID card and a screen shot of the Safe Driving certificate.
- After school tutoring is back! Students can come by the Tutoring Center (staff cafe) after school from 3:45 PM to 4:45 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Also, we are now offering an evening virtual session on TEAMS from 7:30-8:30 PM on Wednesdays. For the location on TEAMS please go to the Team-Summit-Students page then look to the left for Mr. Delgado-7:30 PM to 8:30 PM Virtual Tutoring.
- Academic Decathlon is looking for members to join its most esteemed ranks to represent our school. What is AcaDeca? Well, AcaDeca is a competition involving multiple choice answer tests, interviews, and much more. This year's theme is the importance of water. So, wave hello to this new club and make a splash by going to the library or emailing Ms. Tedder at email@example.com. It may sound tough, but the experience is worth a try. And it looks good on a college transcript!
- As a friendly reminder, students should self-screen for symptoms at home daily. If your child is sick or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, they should not come to school. Signs of illness include fever or chills (100.4 degrees or higher), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea per CDC guidelines. Our office staff is available to assist with missing assignments when your child needs to stay home. You can contact Ms. Tilly Mata at ext. 15112 for assistance.
- ASB Packages are now available! Save money on purchasing a package for your yearbook, dance tickets, spirit items, etc. All the details are here. Any additional questions regarding ASB packages reach out to our amazing ASB Bookkeeper Magaly at: LeonMG@fusd.net.
- As a reminder, breakfast, lunch and supper will be provided and are free to our students. Breakfast will be served starting at 7:45 AM.
- Just a reminder that Wednesdays are minimum days, and lunch will be determined by your 5th period class rather than your 4th period class. School gets out at 2:00 PM on Wednesdays.
- Students, we are no longer able to print the Student Handbook. Please click HERE to download the Handbook. Please take special note of our Dress Code and Hat Policy. We know it’s hot outside, but please adhere to our dress code. Only Summit hats or plain (no logo) blue, grey, black or white hats may be worn. Buy your Summit gear at our ASB Bookkeeper’s Office.
- IMPORTANT: Parents, your student’s Acceptable Use Agreement must be completed. Without this form, students will not be able to access their laptop. This form can be accessed through Q Parent Connect. Please see the attachment for detailed instructions. If you have any difficulties, please contact one of our Secretaries for assistance: 9th Graders call Stacey at (909) 357-5950 ext. 15111; 10th and 11th Graders call Anna at(909) 357-5950 ext. 15104; 12th Graders call Corrina at (909) 357-5950 ext. 15378.
- SENIORS!!! Senior pictures will be held on campus September 6th-10th and no need to make appointments- you are already scheduled by last name from 3 PM- 7 PM. Here are the appointments: A-E: 9/6/21; F-J: 9/7/21; K-O: 9/8/21; P-T: 9/9/21; U-Z: 9/10/11. Click here more details about portrait packages.
- If you purchased a yearbook last year- yearbooks are here! Stop by the ASB bookkeeper before school, during lunch, or after school to pick it up!
- Freshmen/Sophomores: Don't forget that Link Crew is here for you! If you need any assistance or support reach out to Link Leaders. They will be wearing their aqua shirts on the first day of school- ask any of them and they will walk you to your class if you get lost on campus. Also, ANYTIME you need anything stop by Mrs. K's classroom (Room C-104) and a Link Leader will be there for you. You can also email Mrs. K at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our first football game will be at home this Thursday, August 19th at 7:00 PM. For you new SkyHawks, our home games are played at A.B. Miller High School. Come on out and support our fantastic football team!
We’d like to suggest that you regularly check Summit’s website. We’re working diligently to keep you informed about what’s happening on campus. Also, if you have any suggestions to make our website better, more user friendly, etc., please let us know. We’re always open to suggestions.
As always, we are here to support you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
I’m so looking forward to seeing all of you!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
This week in Sports!
2021-2022 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade Administrative Designee
9th Grade Assistant Principal
ASB/Student Activities Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: M- Rog
Last names: ROJ - Z