This Week in DHS Band and Guard
April 11-17, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Monday, April 11th
- Wind Ensemble Full Band Rehearsal 4:45-6 pm (Band students are highly encouraged to attend the before school NHS meeting so they can attend all of rehearsal)
Tuesday, April 12th
- Symphonic Band attends UIL Concert and Sight Reading - Itinerary here, Call time 8 am
- Wind Ensemble Full Band Rehearsal 4:45-6 pm
Wednesday, April 13th
- Wind Ensemble attends UIL Concert and Sight Reading - Itinerary here, Call time 6 am
- 6th Period Percussion Ensemble 4:45-6:30 pm
Thursday, April 14th
- Dallas Trip Tshirts passed out during class
- Drumline Auditions, 5-7:30 pm
Friday, April 15th
- Good Friday - No School
UIL Concert and Sight Reading Itineraries
Students need to bring these items with them to school the day they go to UIL.
- Black dress shoes (closed toe), black crew length socks or hosiery, white undershirt for boys.
- Money for Pizza at Peter Piper Pizza - you will have some time to play games if you would like. The buffet and a drink are $12 with tax.
- Bring your school clothes with you on the bus so you can change out of your tux/dress at Seguin HS before getting food.
Student Leadership Team Interest Meeting
UIL Texas State Solo and Ensemble Contest
Dallas Trip Updates
- We will be having a rehearsal for all winds and percussion going on the Dallas Trip on April 20th and 21st from 8 am - 8:45 pm.
- Dallas Trip T-shirts will be passed out in class on Thursday, April 14th.
- Please send in the consent form from the Dallas Trip meeting this week if you have not done so already.
April Band Booster Meeting
We are having Band Booster Exec Board Elections at our April Band Booster Meeting on April 18th at 6:30 pm in the DHS Auditorium. We will take additional nominations for each position at the meeting. Band/color guard parents can still join the booster club at the meeting and vote if they meet the requirements below. Here is the membership form.
Current Accepted Nominations
- President - Brianna Kay, Chris Lachance
- Vice President - Kristin Bliss, Joe Hernandez
- Secretary - Shannon Rainey, Jody Stanford
- Treasurer - Traci DeGolier
Here are requirements to vote from our bylaws.
- Have a student currently enrolled and active in program.
- Have paid Davenport Band Boosters membership dues. The yearly all-inclusive membership fee per family shall be determined by the Executive Board each year ($15). Each adult person's name listed on the membership roster, taken from the sign-up forms, shall be considered a voting member, with up to two votes per family.
- Have paid annual band obligations or paid to date on approved payment plan.
- Adhere to CISD Code of Conduct.
Band Booster Meeting (Board Elections), April 18th, 6:30 pm, DHS Auditorium
Comal ISD Student Showcase, April 20th, Smithson Valley HS
Student Leadership Team Interest Meeting, April 19th, 8:15-8:45 am
Dallas Trip Rehearsal, April 20th, 8-8:45 am
Dallas Trip Rehearsal, April 21st, 8-8:45 am
Dallas Trip, April 23-25
Student Leadership Team Try Outs, April 26th, 4:45-5:45 pm
Drum Major Try Outs, April 28th, 4:45-5:45 pm (required for winds to be present)
Band Spring Concert with DMS Wind Ensemble, May 10, 7 pm, DHS Auditorium
Percussion/Jazz Concert, May 24, 7 pm, DHS Auditorium
Graduation (All band students perform), May 25, PM, Wolf Stadium
Texas State Solo and Ensemble Contest, May 28, All Day, University of Texas at Austin (more info to follow soon)
June Camp, May 31st - June 2nd, 9 am - 4 pm, DHS
June Camp Performance and Parent Meeting, June 2nd, 6:30 pm, DHS
Band registration, June 4th, 9 am - 3 pm, DHS Band Hall
Percussion Camp, July 25-29, 9 am - 4pm
Color Guard Camp, Late July TBA
Student Leadership Team Camp, July 27-30 (9am-noon, last day 9 am - 4 pm)
Summer Band begins for ALL August 1st, Mon-Fri, most days 8 am - 4 pm, DHS
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands