Sam Vosburg 2nd Hr
Physical Characteristics of the Seine River
Size- a length of 482 miles, average depth of 31 ft
Vegetation- the seine river flows through many large cities in france so there is very little vegetation
Wildlife- The Seine River environment is a blend of smaller environment that support many land animals and birds like squirrel, weasels, raccoons, muskrats, ducks, Franklins Gull, Gull Hearing, and Mourning Dove. there are also animals in the river such as Black Billed Fish, Fathead Minnow, Brooke Stickleback, and the rare Seine River salmon
Climate- the Seine River Often experiences very warm summers and springs and mild to cold winters but the river Doesn't freeze over.
Seine River Salmon
The Seine rivers affect on human geography of the area
- France has a total of 37 large bridges over the Seine River and there are dozens more outside the city.
- The official language around the Seine River is French and the most commonly spoke
- France has a freedom of religion but the most common is Catholic
- France is a Democracy, most people are Republicans
- France has a very large export of wheat and farm raised animals around the Seine River
- The Seine River is where many large cities were started and where a lot of the population of France settles
- The fishing market in the rural part of the Seine river is very
- In the rural regions around the Seine there are iron and uranium mines
The Seine Rivers physical features and natural resources are a big part in changing the human characteristics of the cities around the river. the size of the river makes it navigable for tourists, cruises, and fishing boats. The fish in the river serve as a large business for local fishermen or commercial fisherman. the Seine river also made it possible for people to settle in France and it started many large cities such as Rouen, Le Havre, and the capital Paris.