The LMS Lowdown
February 26 2021
THERAPY DOG IS COMING TO LMS
MORNING DROP OFF
Kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year began on Monday, February 1st on our website. Any Lumberton resident with a child who turns 5 on or before September 30, 2021 is eligible to register for kindergarten. Find more information on our website HERE. If you know people who may be interested, please pass this information along or direct them to the website.
The Lumberton Township School District is pleased to announce that we have been awarded a Preschool Expansion Grant from the New Jersey Department of Education. This award will allow the district to provide FREE, high quality preschool to a number of our three- and four- year-old students. The district will be partnering with the Center for Family Services to provide free, high quality preschool to Head Start eligible Lumberton children immediately upon enrollment.
Families must meet the criteria as outlined by Head Start, though some exceptions may be made for families moderately over these amounts. These income guidelines may be waived for families with special circumstances who might benefit from placement in Head Start.
What if I am not comfortable sending my child to school at this time?
There are several service delivery options available, including a fully remote option.
What do I do if I am interested in enrolling my child in the program?
Visit the district website to complete the interest form: https://www.lumberton.k12.nj.us or you can contact Caryn Zweben, Supervisor of Pupil Personnel Services: email@example.com or by phone (609) 267-9099 x3808
COVID-19 REMINDERS AND UPDATES
- Please keep your child home if they are sick, and notify Mrs. Gambino as to why they are absent. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure Genesis is updated if there were any changes to contact information over the break.
- Please notify if you have traveled out of state. It is especially important if you returned after January 4th as that would impact your student's hybrid learning return.
- Please notify if anyone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19.
- If your student has symptoms of Covid-19, they will need a negative test or quarantine for 10 days before returning to school. An alternative diagnosis is no longer allowed.
- At this time, close contacts will need to quarantine for 10 days if exposed to someone with symptoms or until the contact has a negative Covid-19 test.
- Fever or chills
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
- Poor appetite or poor feeding, especially in babies under one year old
SPIRIT DAYS AND SCHOOL CLOSING INFORMATION
Friday, March 5th: Dress Wild: Crazy hair, stripes, spots, animal prints.