Math-Magic With Laster
Welcome to our class!
Some of my goals for our class...
- to make connections to other subjects, between subjects, to future learning, and to the "real world."
- to foster a growth mindset in students; to help students develop grit.
- to see the "wow-factor" and creativity of mathematics. (It's mathmagical!)
- to use technology to make connections and to understand the mathmagic.
- to develop higher order thinking skills (including transfer, critical reasoning, and problem solving.)
This year marks my 25th year as an educator, and I continue to work to improve my teaching so that my students learn, grow, and succeed. I have taught everything from 8th grade math to AP calculus. I attended TCU and SFA, and my degrees are Secondary Education and (M.S.) Mathematics Teaching.
Learning About Grit
Watch the video below and reflect on the questions and ideas presented here.