Tiger Times, April 2022
Burt Elementary School
A Note from Ms. Mathis and Ms. Karch:
- Testing will begin at 8:45 each morning, so it is imperative that students arrive to school on time.
- Students will not be admitted to a testing room if they arrive after 8:45.
- We are proud to be able to serve breakfast to all students each morning, but if your child has specific nutritional needs or might be a picky eater, be sure they get a balanced breakfast each morning.
- Most importantly, please make sure your Tiger gets great sleep each night. In order for this age group to function at their best, the recommendation is 8-10 hours each night.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are excited to see all of our heroes rise to the occasion! #heroesriseup #WeareBurt
Yearbook sales end on April 6th!!
The cost is $15.96 and does not include applicable sales tax. Orders are due April 6th and can only be placed online, NOT at school.
Office Procedures and Visitors
- Please understand that we cannot check students out from the front office after 3:00 pm. This is our policy and it will be upheld by our front office staff.
- Transportation changes cannot be made over the phone. A note must be sent in with your student.
- Students who have been determined to be walkers cannot be picked up in a car on the way to the neighborhood. If you would like your student to be a car rider you can send in a note to the child's teacher and they can be picked up via the car rider line. We are blessed that our line is very quick!
- If you would like to add or delete anyone from your child's emergency pick-up list that must be done online through our parent self-service system. Here is the website for that: parents.cmcss.net
- The district has lifted the COVID restrictions and visitors are once again allowed in the buildings. In light of this, we felt we needed to remind our families of some policies and procedures. For safety reasons, lunch visitors must be on the student’s emergency card in order to have lunch with students. This is meant to be a special time with your child, therefore, you are not allowed to bring your child’s friends with you to the visitor tables, and any food or treats you bring would be for just you and your child. We have limited seating for guests and guests are not allowed to sit at the class tables. Visitors will be allowed to sign in at their student’s lunchtime. Children must return to class when their lunchtime ends. At that time all visitors will need to sign out through the front office.