REAL SALT LAKE ACADEMY
We are so grateful for all the support and help we have received this year and wanted to say thanks, especially to our parents and students. Last week we finished up our last accreditation for this year and things went well. As we have had a chance to collect data and analyze how we are doing as a school we have seen many great and exciting things. However, we have also noticed areas where we needed to improve. Much of this information has come from surveys and feedback from our students and parents. As a result of the data we have been collecting we have set the following goals for the rest of this year and next. We may modify them a little once the school year is over but we feel these are areas we need to improve in as a school. We hope you will join with us and help as you can. I will share updates regularly with you. Here are our school wide improvement goals.
Real Salt Lake Academy (RSLA) will reduce the number of students receiving a D or F in a course at RSLA. We will use the 2nd quarter as our baseline.
- We have seen great strides already in this area having reduced the numbers from 121 students who received a D or F the second quarter to 70 students third quarter. We have several programs in place to help us continue to progress in this area.
RSLA will have 95% attendance for third and fourth quarter of the 2017-2018 school year.
- We have not seen improvement in this area. First quarter we had 93.36%, second quarter we had 88.7% and third quarter we had 89.9% of our students in attendance. This is the one goal that parents have the greatest impact on and we ask you for your help and support to get students to school. Please help us see a change this last quarter.
RSLA will ensure that students understand the objectives of each lesson and feel confident they understand the instruction that was delivered.
- We are measuring this by using a program called Co-Pilot. Students have the opportunity to share each week, through a survey, how they feel each of their teachers are doing in this area. In addition, we have been doing training on this during staff development each week. We are seeing our faculty as a whole making great progress in this area and I will share some of that data with you in our next newsletter.
RSLA will increase the rigor, higher order thinking, and hand on applications of its curriculum.
- This is a new goal for us that was put forward to us from our accreditation committee as something we could improve on. We will be adding ideas of things we can do to help in this area. We would be open to feedback from our parents on how to improve in this area.
Again, I wanted to thank you all for an excellent year and hope you will continue to support us as we move forward in our goals to make Real Salt Lake Academy the best school we can possibly be.
GET MONARCHS SEASON TICKETS AT SPECIAL STUDENT PRICING!
Stay tuned for single ticket offers - to be announced once the stadium is open!
Are you looking for the perfect part time job? See below for details!
GET YOUR RSLAHS INAUGURAL YEARBOOK
Use school code: 13366418 The deadline to order is April 2nd - don't delay, order today!
UPCOMING LUNCH MENU
Please log in to check and pay your lunch balance or add funds to your student's account
Stay connected by adding the RSLAHS Events calendar to your own!
A QUICK GLANCE AT UPCOMING EVENTS -
- APRIL 2-6 SPRING BREAK - NO SCHOOL
- APRIL 10 COURSE REGISTRATION NIGHT 4-6PM
- APRIL 11 GIRLS SOCCER GAME @ DAVINCI ACADEMY 4PM KICKOFF
- APRIL 11 BOYS SOCCER GAME @ DAVINCI ACADEMY 5:30PM KICKOFF
- APRIL 12 COURSE REGISTRATION NIGHT 7-9PM
- APRIL 13 GIRLS SOCCER GAME @ RSLAHS 4PM KICKOFF
- APRIL 13 BOYS SOCCER GAME @RSLAHS 5:30PM KICKOFF
CHECK THE EVENTS CALENDAR ABOVE FOR THE COMPLETE SCHEDULES OF EVENTS