5th Grade News
November 8 - 12, 2021
Focus of the Week
MATH - I can classify 2D shapes by their attributes.
SCIENCE - I can design an experiment to test a force such as gravity, friction, or magnetism.
SOCIAL STUDIES - I can describe the causes and effects of the War of 1812.
If your student will be out for an extended period of time please let us know so that we can gather a work packet so that your student does not fall too far behind.
EXTRA, EXTRA!! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!
Mighty Hawks Band Performance
Important Information to Help Your Student!
What Can We Work on at Home?!?
You may have noticed that your student does not have daily homework. The only time a student should have homework is to make-up missed work from an absence or work that was not completed in class. Here are some suggestions if you want your student to have extra practice.
- Read daily for at least 20 minutes
- Practice fact fluency (multiplication & division)
- Log in to ClassLink and work on Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies in Education Galaxy, or check out Sora, our online digital library.
- Shirt colors - Maroon, white, grey, navy, and black
- Pants must be hemmed and no holes or tears - Jeans or uniform bottoms in black, navy or khaki.
- Practice good hygiene daily
- Non-Dress Code winter coats must be REMOVED UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING.
- Not sure if it is in dress code? Check here
ROE Reopening Plan
Dates to Remember
Monday, November 8 - Staff Development (no school for students)
Fall Break!!! - November 20 - 28
Winter Break - December 17 - January 3 ****ALL PreK-3 Grade Students are out through January 7. Any 4th and 5th Grader that failed one of their STAAR tests during the 2020-2021 school year will be REQUIRED to attend school January 4 - 7****