Safety Drill Review
At 9:51 am, a parent enters the building to speak with Mrs. Watt (who is out of the building). After a brief conversation with Lupe, the parent becomes angry and pulls out a knife.
Standard Response Protocol: School should move into a Lockdown Drill.
Announcement: Chime from PA System followed by "Locks, Lights, Out of Sight" (times two)
Alternate: Chime from PA System with NO Announcement (only to be used if an announcement cannot be made)
Safety Measures that MUST Occur:
- Assess the situation
- Action - run, hide, or fight
- Call 911
- Communicate - ensure everyone is aware of danger (if possible)
- We will always have two people in the Main Office.
- We will use the PA Chime as a distress notification only.
- We will keep phone extensions next to all phones.
- We will keep classroom doors locked at all times.
Cluster on Thursday has been cancelled. Nicole, Carrie, and I will attend a training at Central Office.
Crown Counseling Announcement
I will work on getting her a goshenschools email address today!