ARCADE MIDDLE SCHOOL - WEEK OF DECEMBER 25
NEW DROP OFF AND PICK UP LOOP STARTING JANUARY 10TH!
Changes to Expect on January 10th
1. There will now be one lane of traffic entering campus and two lanes exiting campus on Edison Avenue, so this entrance will only be a car entrance, not a student entrance to campus.
2. Notice that one lane must make a left-hand turn when exiting the parking lot, and the other lane must make a right-hand turn.
3. Students coming from Watt Avenue must use the new Watt Avenue entrance to campus, labeled "Student Walk Way" to enter campus.
4. Students will not be able to use the basketball courts/blacktop area before or after school, as it is in the middle of the parking loop.
5. There can be no stopping, parking, or pick-up directly in front of the school on Edison Avenue because of increased traffic.
You may also view the video below, which outlines several of the changes for students. Students watched this video before Winter Break.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate these changes together!
COVID-19 AT HOME TEST KIT DISTRIBUTION AND TESTING OPPORTUNITIES DURING WINTER BREAK
At-home COVID-19 test kits are still available in the front office. The front office will be open on Monday, January 9th, from 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. if families would like to pick up a test.
In addition, COVID-19 testing will be available to families on Thursday, January 5th; Friday, January 6th; and Monday, January 9th at two central testing locations. Location and time details can be found at www.sanjuan.edu/covidtest. At-home test kits can also be picked up at the central testing locations.
While San Juan Unified strongly recommends that students utilize these tests, there is no requirement to have a negative test to be able to attend school after winter break.
If students receive a positive test result, families should do the following:
1. Report the result to their medical provider
2. Contact their school office to report their test results
3. Keep students home from school until they are cleared to return
SJUSD Open Enrollment Period is December 5th through January 20th! If you would like your 8th grade student to go to a high school other than their home school, please open enroll them before January 20th.
ARCADE MIDDLE SCHOOL OFFICE
- Monday - Friday from 7:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- Attendance Phone Number: 916-971-7300, ext. 1