East Elementary: Excellence at Work
Staff Newsletter for 2015-2016, Episode 8
Week of December 14th...
Below you will see a day by day breakdown of our last week before our holiday break!
December 14th: Wear your favorite Christmas Socks!
- 3rd Grade Math and Assessment Writers will meet at Training Center (1:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.)
December 15th: Wear Class Shirts and Your Favorite Santa Hat/Headband!
December 16th: Wear A Festive Scarf!
- Wacky Wednesday Planning
December 17th: Wear Your Ugliest Christmas Sweater!
- Holiday Snacks: Bring Your Favorite Holiday Snack to Share and Campus will Provide the Drinks!
- CBA Data Meeting - WW Schedule: Please bring completed Data form.
December 18th: Wear Your Favorite Holiday Shirt!
- Holiday Parties (see schedule)
- Early Release
***Feel free to develop a similar schedule for your grade level for your students so that they can join in the fun. I know many of you have pajama days scheduled so we decided to let each grade level communicate this to your students based on what you've decided.
Spirit Store Update!
Here is the schedule for shopping:
9:00 - 9:30 Kindergarten
9:30 - 10:00 First Grade
10:00 - 10:30 Third Grade
10:30 - 11:00 Second Grade
8:00 a.m. - Breakfast in East Cafeteria
8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Professional Learning in East Cafeteria
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Work Day
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Lunch on Your Own
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Work Day
Looking Ahead: January Blueprint
- January 4: Welcome Back! - Professional Development Day and Workday
- January 5: Students Return
- January 5: Math Conversations for Curriculum and Assessment Writers
- January 7: 3rd Grade DRA Testing
- January 7: Assessment Writing (ELA - K; Math - K-3)
- January 8: 3rd Grade DRA Testing
- January 11: 2nd Grade DRA Testing
- January 12: Assessment Review: WW Schedule
- January 14: 2nd Grade DRA Testing
- January 14: SIOP Training for ESL Teachers
- January 15: 1st Grade DRA Testing
- January 18: MLK Holiday for Staff and Students
***Please see campus calendar for additional information and details.