Parent Newsletter - Issue #301 - January 5, 2021
This Week at a Glance
Wednesday, January 6
College Wear Wednesday
- Staff Professional Development Day
- Student Holiday
Thursday, January 7 (A Day)
Students return to Face to Face and Virtual learning
Progress Report 5 begins
Term 3 begins
- Boys Soccer Tournament (Away)
- Boys Basketball vs. Bush at Wheeler 4:00/5:30/7:00
Friday, January 8 (B Day)
Fridays we wear RED!!!
- Boys Soccer Tournament (Away)
- Girls Basketball @ Dulles (Away) 4:00/5:30/7:00
- Boys Basketball vs. Dulles (Home) 4:00/5:30/7:00
- Girls Soccer vs. Katy Jordan 5:30/7:30
Saturday, January 9
- Boys Soccer Tournament @ Alief
- Boys Basketball @ Clements 9:00/10:30 AM
Tiger To Dos
Every day students must
- Complete Wellness Screener in Skyward before arriving to campus
- Wear mask at all times except when eating in the Commons only
- Wash hands and remain socially distanced from other students in the hallways
Rest in Peace, Coach Terrasas
New Office 365 Features for Students
New features are now added to Office 365 for Students
- Planner (A To-Do app used for personal and teamwork planning)
- Stream (An Enterprise Video service where students can view videos shared with them)
- Whiteboard (Provides freeform, intelligent canvas where real-time people, ideas, and content come together)
Assignment of these new features can take up to 48 hours to complete for all student accounts.
Student Password Issues
If a student forgets or needs to reset his/her password, please go to my.fortbendisd.com to reset it. If you are having issues and can't seem to navigate the site, please contact Felicia Olivacce, data clerk or Andrea Spina, librarian.
Tiger Class of 2021
❇WAYS TO SUPPORT CLASS OF 2021 PROGRAD❇
Community Rewards Programs - click on the below links to join these programs, selecting either William B. Travis Project Graduation options for each retail outlet. The Senior Class Project Graduation will then receive a portion of the total amount spent, which will help support our end-of-year Graduation Celebration! Families of all classes are asked to participate. Once enrolled, this will carry over from year to year - to then support your child's class.
- AmazonSmile Program (www.smile.amazon.com)
- Kroger Community Rewards Program (https://www.kroger.com/i/community/community-rewards)
- Randall’s Good Neighbor Program (https://www.randalls.com/yourstore/good-neighbor.html)
The FBISD Filmmaker’s Academy will be hosted virtually on 1/30. Third-Twelfth grade students can register to attend. This is a workshop where students can learn film & photography skills.
From the Registrar's Office
Verification of Enrollment (for driving purposes)
VOEs take 24 hours to process so please plan accordingly.
Please send Mrs. Charles an email email@example.com to request with a Subject Line: VOE Request.
This QR Code will take you to the VOE website; click Cynthia Charles to get to her email.
Counselor and Administrator Splits
Tenille Pakoejoe, Lead Counselor
Ladale Webster-Lamb (A-Ch)
Monet Newsome (Ci-Go)
Jeanne Andrews (Gr-La)
Cheryl Clark (Le-Ok)
Brenell Young (Ol-Sh)
Tanya Johnson (Si-Z)
Sarah Laberge, Principal
Adrienne Garcia, Associate Principal
Damien Bassett, Assistant Principal (A-C)
Lisa Long, Assistant Principal (D-I)
Derryk Pope, Assistant Principal (J-M)
Tara Baker, Assistant Principal (N-R)
Erik Smith, Assistant Principal (S-Z)