March 31, 2019
Fun Run Program Kicks Off Tomorrow with a Pep Rally!
Dear L.E.S. Families,
The LES Fun Run kicks off tomorrow, Monday, April 1st with an exciting Pep Rally at 2:45 p.m. led by Boosterthon!
Pledge books will come home with your child tomorrow. Please check book bags and folders!
Please click on the button below to view the video for more information on how to get your student registered on FunRun.com. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the school.
We need your support and those of your sponsors to reach our goal of raising $30,000.00 for Technology! We can do it L.E.S.!! Here we go!
Congratulations Destination Imagination Team Ice Ice Baby!!
A special thanks to coach/sponsor, Mrs. Hammett for her hard work leading the team!
Dates to Remember
- 1st-Fun Run Pep Rally-2:45 p.m. in the Gym
- 2nd- Chick fil a Spirit Night 5-7 p.m.
- 9th- Earth Day Presentations 1st and 2nd @ 10:00-10:45; Kindergartener and 2nd @ 2:15-3:00 p.m.
- 11th-Pre-K Fun Run
- 12th-2 Hour Early Dismissal@ 1:45 p.m.; End of Marking Period 3
- 12th- LES Fun Run
- 15-22-Spring Break
- 19 and 22- LES School Office Closed
- 23-26- LES Military Child Week
- 26-Wear Purple! Military Child and Parent Breakfast 8:00 a.m.-8:45 a.m.
- 26- TAC Window Closes @ 5 p.m.
- 26-PTA Spring Cinema Night 6-7:30 p.m.
- 30-PARCC Testing Begins for Grades 3-5 in ELA and Math
- 1- Report Card Distribution for K-5 (Grades 4-5 will view grades on HAC)
- 2 - Morning with Moms (students with last names A-L)
- 3- Morning with Moms (students with last names M-Z)
- 10-S.O.A.R.R. Assemblies (PARCC make up for students who have missed a test, may impact whether a student is present at the Grade 3-5 assembly)
K-2: 9:30 a.m.
3-5: 10:30 a.m.
- 10- End of Interim marking period 4
- 16- Interim Window closes for grades 4-5
- 17- Kids Heart Challenge Assembly
- 21-Interim Distribution (Grades 4-5)
- 27-Memorial Day (schools closed)
June (Tentative until end of school year dates finalized)
- 6 -K-2 Field Day
- 7 -3-5 Field Day (rain date for K-2)
- 14 -Last day for students; 5th grade promotion
LES PTA Needs YOU!
The Leonardtown Elementary School PTA Board is looking for volunteers to chair position(s) during the 2019-2020 academic year. PTA position descriptions and contact information can be found below.
We welcome anyone who would like to be involved. If you have time to help in any capacity, please contact LES PTA President Mrs. Megs Anderson: email@example.com
PTA Position and Description of Duties
The primary responsibility of the Vice President is to assist the President and help lead the PTA toward specific goals chosen by its members.
Month of Military Child
***Please send in 2-3 pictures that represent your life as a military child. Please label all pictures on the back with a name. Place pictures in a plastic ziploc baggie. Give the baggie to your teacher to submit to the Main Office Attn: Mrs. Ziemba. Thank you!
April 23-26: Highlight LES Military Students (click on the button below to share a fun fact that will be shared with the school community during the week of April 23-26)
April 26: Wear Purple!; Military Child and Parent Breakfast 8:00 a.m.-8:45 a.m. in the Cafeteria @ LES
***Click the button below to share an interesting fact or two about life as a military child (e.g., places lived, interesting places visited etc.) All information will be shared during morning announcements the week of April 23-26. Thank you
- Thank you for all your support of our LES Outreach Program: Below are a list of items we can use to support families on a monthly basis. Thank you
snacks for school
pasta and sauce