T.S. Cooley Elementary Weekly News
October 24, 2022
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- RED RIBBON WEEK begins (see note below)
- Quiz Bowl 3-4 PM (pick up on Fall St.)
- Crust Pizza Family Night
- 3rd/4th Mighty Mu practice 3-3:45 PM (pick-up on Fall S.)
- AR Free Dress Day (students had a free dress sticker on their AR report that went home with report cards)
- LyondellBasell STEM Day (Engineers will do science experiments with all grade levels.)
- Garden Club 3-3:45 PM (pick-up on Fall St.)
- BETA engineering practice 3-4 PM (pick-up in front circle drive)
- WIG Reward day (see details below)
- GOLD library leaders 3-3:45 PM (pick-up on Fall St.)
- Robotics 3-4:30 PM (pick up on Fall St.)
- All State Choir students leave for New Orleans to perform in the Louisiana All-State Choir
"GREATEST BOOKS ON EARTH" BOOK FAIR EVENT CALENDAR
- Students will have crazy hair day on Halloween to kick off our circus themed Book Fair.
TUESDAY, 11/1 - FRIDAY 11/4
- 6:45 - 7:45 AM - DONUTS WITH GROWNUPS - Students may bring one guest to shop and enjoy donuts before school begins. Students will be dismissed @ 7:45 AM to begin their school day.
- 3 - 5:45 PM - FAMILY SHOPPING - Join us for popcorn and an evening of family shopping. The public library will be onsite. Don't miss their table to sign up for your own public library card.
1ST NINE WEEK WIG (WILDLY IMPORTANT GOALS) REQUIREMENTS
Students will not be penalized for not meeting their reading goal for the 1st 9 weeks. This announcement was delayed because we didn't want the students to stop reading. Technology issues out of our control were the main reason we made this decision. The requirement to attend the WIG party for the 1st 9 weeks will only be based on grades and work habits. The WIG celebration will take place during their PE time this Thursday in the library. Students that do not attend will be reading a book during the WIG party. It's a FRESH START to the 9 weeks, so please encourage your students to tackle their new goals now!
**Reading goals for the 2nd and 3rd 9 weeks WILL NOT be adjusted. We will be making changes to the 4th 9 weeks because AR points will be due at the beginning of May.
"GREATEST BOOKS ON EARTH" BOOK FAIR OCT. 31 - NOV. 4
LIBRARY CLASS SHOPPING AND TICKET SHOPPING
Ticket Shopping: Each student received one ticket to redeem during the week of book fair. Students may invite one guest to shop with them during the school day. Below is their PE schedule. We encourage you to come during their PE time so that they do not miss class instruction. Reservations are not necessary.
Online Shopping: What makes great gifts for nieces, nephews and gift exchanges? Books! Books are the perfect gift. If you order online and spend over $25, those gifts will ship directly to your home and all you have to do is add a bit of paper and a bow and you are ready for a party!
SHOP THE BOOK FAIR AND SET UP eWALLET WITH THE LINK BELOW
T.S. COOLEY PTO SHIRTS ON SALE ON THROUGH OCTOBER 31ST
BETA AND ROBOTICS CLUBS ARE SELLING $12 PLATE LUNCHES TO SOUTHERN SPICE
JR. BETA CLUB + ROBOTICS FUNDRAISER
Our Jr. Beta Club and Robotics Club are combining efforts for a fundraiser. Our clubs will be selling plate lunch tickets to Southern Spice for $12. Tickets can be redeemed any day in November. Each club will receive 50% of the profit. These funds will be used to purchase the materials necessary for club competitions. See one of the Beta or Robotics club members to purchase tickets or purchase your tickets by clicking on the link below.
T.S. COOLEY VIRTUAL SHINE BOARD
Nathan Wang Masters Jiu Jitsu
Nathan has been practicing Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Barra Lake Charles for over a year.
This year he won 2nd place in CompNet Houston Autumn Championship in October, and both 2nd place of GI and NO GI in Grappling Industries Houston in May.
Mrs. Babaz Cheers on Cooley Soccer Stars
This past Saturday, Mrs. Babaz posed for a group picture with some of the T.S. Cooley soccer players taking the field and learning the game.
NEW TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER - STUDENT EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
T.S. Cooley has many students that shine here and away from campus. We showcase many of their accomplishments at school in our yearbook, shine boards, morning assemblies and awards days. After hearing about so many of their outside accomplishments we have decided to add a shine board to our weekly newsletters. We have many athletes, musicians, dancers, singers and other talented students who we would like to showcase. If you would like to share their accomplishments, please send a jpg photo and a short paragraph explaining the photo with details about the activity, length of time they have been participating, type of honor they are receiving or other information to email@example.com We will begin posting these next week.
Tues. 10/25 - Cajun sausage, red beans and rice
Wed. 10/26 - Spaghetti
Thurs. 10/27 - Hotdogs
Fri. 10/28 - Hot ham and cheese hoagie and sweet potato fries
Mon. 10/31 - Mini corndogs bites and potato wedges
If there are any changes to the menu, we will send a text message through the automated school system.
Monthly menus are posted on the CPSB social media outlets.
T. S. Cooley Elementary Magnet School
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Location: 2711 Common Street, Lake Charles, LA, USA