Arabic 1 Newsletter Friday 2/12
Happy Valentine's Day!! - عيد الحب
صباح الخير يا شباب
What an Awesome Culture Cafe We Had Last Night!!
شكراً for all the STARS that attended. Please check your coaching session grade for your extra credit.
Did you miss our 1st Arabic Culture Cafe? CLICK to WATCH the video that we watched and discussed.
What Assignments are Due by Sunday 2/14?
- Culture Corner Assignment: Fun Fact Quiz
- Assignment 1.1: Writing
- Assignment 1.2: ِAttending TWO Coaching Sessions per week
- Assignment 1.3: Listening & Speaking
- Lesson 1 Quiz
Past Due Assignments
1· ____ Download BBIM (graded assignment)
2· ____ Respond to your teacher’s “Welcome Email” by clicking on Messages tab in the navigation bar (graded assignment)
3· ____ Getting Acquainted (Discussion Board)
4· ____ How do you learn ( LinguaFolio – graded assignment))
5· ____ Academic Integrity Quiz (graded assignment)
Past Due Assignments from Week 1
1. ____ Save and print the “Due Date Calendar”
2.____ “Orientation- Start Here” tab on the navigation bar: carefully read all information
3· ____ Language Coaching sign up doc. This Doc is closed for you now so you need to EMAIL or TEXT Me to get your name on it (graded assignment)
**You should print out a copy of this document and use as a check-off list to ensure that you complete everything, thoroughly, and on time. This is only a schedule of the assignments that you are to complete.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISSED YOUR COACHING SESSION?
If you absolutely have to miss a language coaching session, please send a message to your coach ahead of time, so they won't be waiting for you! THEN:
- Check out the "Coaching Schedule" tab and see when your coach offers another session. if there is a time/day that works for you, perhaps with another coach.
- Let that coach know (via blackboard message, blackboard IM, or in the session) that you're making up a session.
- In order to be counted present, please let your main coach know what coach and what time you attended via e-mail inside BB (please copy me).
OR METHOD 2:*** (You are allowed this method TWICE a semester for emergency)
- Listen to your coach's archived session that you missed by following this path.
- Go to "My Language Coach" tab on navigation bar--> scroll down until you see your coach's name --> click the link UNDER the picture and find the date and time of the session that you have missed.
- If (for some reasons) your coach was unable to record anything or you can't find the session, you may listen to recording of another coach on the same date
- Listen to the whole archive.
- Then, E-MAIL your coach (copy me) with the date and time of the archived session and a brief summery of the content of the session
- Your coach will go back to the attendance sheet to change the status and I will give you credit for having attended a coaching session once I see you have accessed & listened to the archive.
**Method 2: You will not receive full credit for using method 2. You will have points taken off due to the fact that you are not participating during that session. All you are doing is listening, and not participating therefore points will be deducted. You will receive points instead of getting a 0% The highest grade you can get using method 2 is 80%**
** Don't forget to explore all practice modes (test, race, scatter, flashcards, speller etc..)
If you are curious and anxious to get started to learn the Arabic letters, then click on the link HERE. My kids LOVE this game. My 6 year old Son's favorite letter is "Alif" which looks exactly like number one in English.