Weekly Update - June 17, 2022
Strive Center for Autism
Upcoming Fun Fridays
- June 24th - Beach Day - sunglasses, beach hats, whatever makes you think of the beach
- July 1st - Red, White, and Blue day - just wear any combo of those colors!
- July 8th - Hat Day - Wear any hat you like
- July 15th - School Spirit Day - wear your Strive shirt
- July 22nd - Mismatch Day - stripes with polka dots, crazy colors, 2 different socks, the less it matches, the better!
- July 29th - Super Hero Day - wear a shirt with your favorite super hero on it, or go all out and dress like your favorite super hero.
Fun Friday Activities
- June 24th - Sink or Float - a fun science activity where kids will get to throw items from around the center into buckets of water to see what sinks and what floats.
- July 1st - Reading Buddies again (we do this one multiple times throughout the summer, you can NEVER read too much!)
- July 8th - Edible Flag Treat - we use graham crackers, frosting OR cool whip, and strawberries and blueberries to make an edible flag. Please reach out to your BCBA for any allergy concerns or dietary restrictions, we are happy to make substitutions.
- July 15th - Water balloons - feel free to send sandals or water shoes to wear during this activity
- July 22nd - Reading Buddies
- July 29th - "Fireworks" science experiment - we make fireworks in a jar with water, oil, and food coloring
Meet Lindsay, Lead Therapist in Burton
Lindsay started working at the Strive Center for Autism in May of 2019 and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Special Education and Elementary Education from Liberty University.
Lindsay was previously a Special Education teacher K-5. She has experience as an ABA Technician and was an Intern for Children’s Ministry at Journey Christian Fellowship.
Lindsay enjoys spending time with her family and friends, going to church and traveling.
4th of July
Please remember that we are closed on Monday, July 4th for Independence Day. We realize families may have plans for that weekend or evening that keep kids up late, so if you anticipate needing to take Tuesday, July 5th off, please let us know by completing the form below to schedule your absence.
This allows us to plan our schedule, and allow some staff members a longer weekend too!
Please use the link to complete the form for planned absences:
Here are some additional dates that the centers will be closed this summer:
Friday, August 26th Professional Development Day
Monday, September 5th Labor Day
If your family is planning a longer absence around one of those dates, or at another time, please let us know as soon as you are able!