Grapevine Mustang Band
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind.
- Use the Summer Check list below to stay on top of what you need to do over the summer.
- The THIRD round of band fees were due JULY 1. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to email@example.com, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- All students that use school instruments should have checked out an instrument. If you did not receive your instrument contact Ms. Irby.
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- BAND REGISTRATION is July 24 from 9:00AM to 2:00PM. This event is required for every band member plus a parent! Please plan on spending approximately one hour at GHS to get everything that you need. This is a come and go event and details are listed below.
- "Transcend" tumblers are available. Email Uma at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure yours! We only have a limited number left!
- Please review the presentation below and the 2021 Spring/Summer Checklist.
- All Families can start raising funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
There are a number of items that can be or must be purchased at Band Registration. The list is below of items for each group.
Winds and Percussion
Summer Uniform (if you don't already have) - $60
Under uniforms - $50 – Needed by winds and percussion
Water bottle (if you don't already have one) - $15 – Needed by everyone in the program. Freshmen get their first water jug included in band fees
Flip folder (if you don't already have one) - $5 – Needed by winds and percussion
Lyre (if you don't already have one) - $5 – Needed by winds only, sousas will not need one
Marching shoes (if you don't already have them) - $40 – Needed by winds and percussion – You must be sized at band registration if you do not have marching shoes!
Gloves - $4 – Needed by winds only
Under Uniform Tank - $25
Guard Jacket - $50
Black Leggings (if you don’t already have them) - $27
Crystal Earrings (if you don’t already have them) - $8
Nude Body Tight (if you don’t already have them) - $22
Tan Jazz Shoes (if you don’t already have them) - $40
During Band Registration you will also:
- receive your orders for summer uniforms and 2021 show shirts
- everyone will sign up for parent concession slots - GCISD concession stands are run by band parents and band programs receive all of the income from these concessions. All band parents are asked to sign up for 4 shifts throughout the school year, so please be ready to do this at registration!
-sign up for chaperone opportunities such as band meals, bus chaperones, front ensemble movers, marching contest help and much more
-turn in all forms – Including your Physical! It is absolutely necessary for everyone to have a physical completed and on file before you are allowed to participate with our program. Don’t put it off, take care of this ASAP! - https://www.grapevinehsband.com/forms.html
This is the general information about the NYC trip for the spring. The official trip signup link will be released once all contract information has been approved. We wanted to share the timeline, costs, and general itinerary. Please reach out to Mr. Rees if you have any questions.
Student Quad Rate - $2,400
8/6/2021 - Final day to register for the trip, $200 deposit due
9/1/2021 - $550
12/9/2021 - $550
1/8/2022 - $550
2/7/2022 - $550
For shopping, sightseeing, and meals ‘on your own’, students will be in assigned groups with a band director or principal for the duration of the time. Students will not be allowed to travel by themselves at any time. It is recommended for students to look through the itinerary and decide with their friends if there are places they would like to check out. The directors and chaperones are up for exploring the city and there is a TON of stuff to check out!
We are still finalizing several details! This itinerary is an idea of what we have in store, but some items may shift around depending on availability. If changes are made, we will share those with everyone ASAP.
Parents are more than welcome to come on our trip! We are working on an itinerary for a companion trip that will include airfare, hotel and tickets for parents that would like to see us perform at Carnegie. Parents would be able to attend as many events on our trip as they would like.
It is recommended that every family consider trip insurance. Please carefully review the options provided and carefully decide what is right for your family. You never know what could happen!
Trip Insurance : https://mhross.explorerseries.com/
Trip Insurance comes at three different levels:
- Platinum (Cancel for Any Reason)
The “Cancel for Any Reason” must be purchased within 15 days of the date you pay your deposit.
"What’s really beyond the moon; beyond the planets; beyond the stars; and even metaphysically beyond that? Transcend explores our imagination of what’s out there for us all: traveling there, looking back upon the great mystery of earth, our home, but from the from vantage point of space, and then pushing our minds and faith further and exploring what’s even beyond that. 2020 and a good portion of 2021 weren't ideal, but The Grapevine High School Marching Band is back on track reminding of us of the bigger picture—and doing it with an amazing show of cutting edge music, engaging drill, and fantastic performers."
--Chad Heiny, program coordinator
Please feel free to review the presentation above in a clickable form that you can view at your own pace.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
How to pay your band fees online
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.