February 15 - 19
Feel free to wear jeans on Monday!
Dates to Remember
2/8 - 2/19 - PTA Community Store House Canned Food Drive
2/15 - Student Holiday/Staff Professional Development
2/15 - 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Paul hosts a Meet the Teacher night from 6:00 - 7:00
2/17 - Fire Drill
2/18 - All-Pro Dads 7-7:45 AM - Cafeteria
2/19 - Donuts with Dads 7:00 - 8:00 Cafeteria
2/26 - End of the 4th 6th weeks (NOT an early release day)
2/29 - Last Day to purchase yearbook online
3/1 - PTA Meeting and Math/Science Night
3/2 - Mixson, Landry & Paul's classes visit the KISD Natatorium
3/3 - Clepper & Tavarez's classes visit the KISD Natatorium
3/4 - Character Assembly
COWBOY HEART @ WORK RECOGNITIONS
- "Sarah S. goes above and beyond her P.E. duties and thinks outside the box. When informed flu has hit our campus, Sarah took it upon herself to begin wiping down equipment with Clorox wipes between each class. She does have scheduled times to clean these items, however in an attempt to prevent the flue, she's stepping up her strategies. Thanks for having a caring heart for our students!"
- "Paula W. jumps in whenever she is needed. She has given up her planning time to cover kinder as needed as well as a sub as our crossing guard. She does it with a happy heart!"
- "Sarah S. is always willing to help out whenever she is needed with a glad heart. I can always count on her to be a team player."
- "Tamara is always willing to pitch in and lend a helping hand. She does a great job monitoring kinder students during lunch duty and her little sweet gestures are so appreciated. She gives of her own time to decorate our staff lounge & provide goodies to all."
- "Rhonda is always willing to give a helping hand to anyone in need. She is very caring and always helps out even though she is so busy in her clinic."
- "Kirsten has been so helpful covering gym duty in the morning while Paula is covering crossing guard. Thank you Kirsten! I appreciate you!"
- "There are 100 sweet reasons I am thankful for you, Tamara!!! You are a 'TREAT' to our faculty. Congrats on the KHES Bucket Brigade performance this week!"
Denise to host a Meet the Teacher Night
Denise will be hosting Meet the Teacher night on Monday, February 15th from 6:00 - 7:00 in her classroom. She will be welcoming her new students into their classroom beginning Tuesday, February 16th. Kimberly, Cathy, Becky & Mistee will also be attending in support of their new teammate. Thanks Ladies!!! The families of Mrs. Paul are welcome to walk their child to their new class on their first day.
February 15th - Campus Professional Development
K-4 teachers ~
- We need everyone to meet in the PD room at 8:15 so that we can go over a required ELPS training presentation. This should only take about 30-40 minutes. Once the presentation is over, those of you who will be completing TELPAS will head to the library and all others can begin their day of planning.
- Don't forget that we will be having a meeting at 2:00 in the the PD room. Our 4th grade teachers want to share student strengths they have seen and also allow you to view their current writing samples along with some rubric scores. This is an effort on their part to keep everyone in the loop on the progress that is being made towards our CIP Writing goal. A big thank you to Jennifer, Kelly, Brenda, Sandy, and Victoria for helping to make this happen.
Math & Science Night - March 1st
The committee will sharing more details soon regarding the plans for this evening. At this time, it has not been shared where Science Fair projects are going to be placed. Math games will more than likely be done in grade level hallways. Please begin thinking about the math games your grade level will be sharing.
District News & Events
Parent Technology and Learning Night
Join Keller ISD Technology and Curriculum and Instruction departments for a District-wide Parent Technology and Learning Night from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, February 16, at Central High School.
The event is come-and-go and will feature tables to visit where you can collect information about the digital tools being used in Keller ISD.
Featured tables include:
- New Keller ISD Campus Websites
- Home Access Center
- Online Textbooks
- Plus many more!
Central High School is located at 9450 Ray White Road. The event will be held in the CHS Cafeteria.
Early Resignation Notification and Perfect Attendance Incentives
Keller ISD is pleased to announce the Early Resignation Notification Incentive Program for those considering retirement or resignation at the end of this school year.
The first 100 professional instructional staff members – including teachers, librarians, nurses, counselors, and diagnosticians, etc. – to submit a resignation/retirement letter effective the end of their contract year to their principal no later than March 21, 2016 will receive an incentive stipend of $750 dollars in their final paycheck.
Those contract instructional staff members who submit their end of year resignation letter no later than March 21st will also receive an additional stipend of $250 in their final paycheck for perfect attendance beginning April 1 through the end of the school year.
To be eligible, the professional instructional staff member must be serving on a probationary, term or continuing contract.
KISD Film Festival
The Keller ISD Film Festival is back and looking for student filmmakers to show off their creative talents behind and in front of the camera.
Entries are now being accepted through February 29.
The festival is an opportunity for students to develop their visual literacy and expand their educational experience in Keller ISD by fostering the creativity, artistic, communication and technical skills required for producing a movie.
Students have seven entry categories to choose from including: Story, Comedy, Music Video, Documentary, PSA Plus, and Animation.
Students have the chance to be honored at an Awards Ceremony on April 5, 2016, at the Alliance Cinemark XD Movie Theater. Students can win trophies, certificates, prizes, and more!
Visit www.KellerISD.net/Film between now and February 29 to submit your film.
For more information on the Film Fest, including details on how to submit your entries, visit www.KellerISD.net/Film!
Keller Harvel Elementary - KISD
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Text @khes to the number 81010
Weather closings or JEANS DAYs!