Cardiovascular Disease Project
Medical Studies 10 - Lord Beaverbrook High School
Create a themed, visually appealing online newsletter for your chosen cardiovascular disease.
You can work alone OR in pairs (no more than 2)
You must be prepared to do a short presentation (2-5 minutes) on your e-flyer IN CLASS on Thursday, May 25
You must also develop, and submit 2 multiple choice or True/False questions on the content of your Smore page for your peers to answer at the end of your presentation.
**These questions must be handed in by the end of class on Wednesday, May 24**
Where to start:
Decide who will be the Project Leader:
- You will sign up for the disease
- You will create the Free Smore account
- You will be responsible for turning in the final product
Create a FREE Smore:
- Go to www.smore.com
- Sign in using your @educbe.ca account
- Only 1 Smore is to be created per 2 students
List of Topics
* only one group can cover each disorder *
- Endocarditis -
- Mitral Valve Prolapse - Mercy, Dayva, Daphne
- Aneurysm - Corbin and Sid
- Cardiac Arrest - Alison & Olivia W
- Deep Vein Thrombosis -
- Hypertension/Hypotension -
- Stroke/Transient Ischemic Attack- Jasmine
- Rheumatic Heart Disease -
- Cardiomyopathy -
- Arrhythmias - Olivia M
- Cardiac Sarcoma - Camryn & Amber
- Valvular Heart Disease - Ayah, Kuicmar, Shervonne
- Pulmonary Embolism -
- Pericarditis -
- Ebstein's Anomaly - Zach & Jaiden
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
Identify the disease/disorder & Who is most likely to get it
Using proper anatomical terminology, describe what the disorder is.
Describe the Symptoms
What signs and symptoms does the disease show?
Explain how it is Diagnosed
Explain how the disorder develops.
Describe the triggers for the disease. Is it sudden(acute)? Chronic?
First Aid Care for Disorder
What is the immediate treatment for somebody showing those symptoms? For example, if you saw your co-worker with those symptoms?
What kind of preventative steps can someone who might be susceptible to this sort of disease (genetically, for example) take to keep themselves healthy?
First Aid Care for Disorder
Discuss Treatment Methods
Include both short term treatments and long term treatments.
Discuss the Prognosis
What is the outlook for someone who develops this condition?
Include informative Video
Find an information youtube video about the disorder and follow the steps outlined in Smore to embed it on your page
Keep in Mind:
Would you be able to/want to take notes from your own smore newsletter?
Would you be bored or interested in your own newsletter? (Keep it interesting)
Is the information broken down into chunks that allow for quick understanding of the material?
Did you add images/gifs/videos that help us to understand what we are reading?
- Keep it appropriate!