Pre-Calculus Course Update
February 2nd - February 13th (16 Week Session)
Tip of the Issue - Successful Discussion Posts
In order to get full credit on the discussions assignments, you will need to be sure to do a couple of things...
- Read and be sure to follow the directions provided in the prompt. If the directions say to write a paragraph, you will be expected to do just that.
- When it comes time to respond to the posts of your peers, write a substantive response. "I agree." "Good job!" and "Cool, I didn't think about that." do not count as substantive responses and although you are being supportive and encouraging of your peers, you will not get any participation credit.
- For both your original response and the responses to your peers, write a few sentences that clearly extend the conversation and show your teacher that you have a good understanding of the topic discussed. Be sure to stay positive as well! You do not need to critique the work of your peers.
- When you write your posts, also be sure to use proper grammar, spelling, and mechanics. Do not use the same type of language that you use for texting. Be sure to spell out all of your words and use complete sentences. If you need to write an equation, be sure to write a sentence that introduces the equation first.
- Finally, make sure your posts are clear. You will need to articulate your points, and respond in a timely manner.
Those are just a few things to get you started. Be sure to read all the posts, particularly the ones from your teacher and any responses to your original post. Have a blast!
- Write out all of your work on a separate sheet of paper. **Be sure to number each question so I know what the work corresponds to.
- Place your final answer only in the space given in the Brightspace quiz.
- Scan in the pages with your handwritten work, and upload the document into the appropriate dropbox folder in Brightspace.
This way, I can see your work, but you do not need to type everything into the computer - only your final answer!
**Important Note - You MUST submit your work on a quiz into the dropbox in a timely manner. It should be done immediately following the quiz in order to stay within the time limit.
Live Class Session
Monday, Feb. 9th, 7pm
This is an online event.
Topic: Trigonometry of General Triangles
Location: Adobe Connect Classroom
Please name your assignments with the name of the assignment and your last name.
Example: Our Only Focus Balentyne