October 11 - 15
John Paul I Faith Day and Grade 4 Bible Ceremony
Father Jossy then presided over the Grade 4 Bible Ceremony, where each Grade 4 student received their own personal, blessed bible. Students were attentive as Father told them how they were the light, and how they all needed to use their light to help others. The smiles of the students at the end of the ceremony with bibles in hand, was an added bonus to this already blessed day.
A big thanks to Srta. Garrido and Sr. Gutierrez for organizing our student faith day, as well as Mr. Valdez, Sra. Almuina, and Sra. Leenheer-Jimenez for preparing the Bible Ceremony. A great day was had by all!
STAFF FAITH FORMATION
School Fees and Bus Pass Fees
Assessment and Reporting
Please click on the image above for more information on assessment and reporting.
Parent Guide to Google Classroom
Parent Guide to Microsoft Teams
We want to thank Heather and Amy our hot lunch coordinators and all of the parents who donate their time and energy for our children!
Here is some information on our Hot Lunch Program:
- Orders MUST be placed and paid online a week prior to the hot lunch through Healthy Hunger website. After this time, there are no cancellations or refunds. (No cash refunds available in the office)
- If your child is absent, you can make arrangements to pick-up or give the order to another student. If we do not hear from you, your child’s lunch will be kept in the fridge until the next time they are at school.
- If a field trip is booked, we will always do our best to inform you and give you the opportunity to cancel and get a refund but we do not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate.
- If you cancel your order one week in advance, you will receive a credit through Healthy Hunger.
- Below is the link on how to sign your child up for Hot Lunch Program. Please make sure to select your child's correct classroom.
Please note that if you registered your child in the previous years, you will still have to register again through this link.
First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist
Fall Session 2021
The Catholic Parish of Corpus Christi
2707 34 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6T 1P5
Phone: 780.466.7576 Fax: 587.754.1670
Requirements for Registration
1. Registration for First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist form
2. PIPA Registration and Participation Form – Appendix 907B
3. Participation Consent Form and Release – Appendix 907C
The first 3 requirements are available at the parish office,
or online at http://www.corpuschristi-edm.ca/Ministries/sacraments
4. a copy of your child’s Baptismal certificate
5. $20 for each sacramental preparation book & materials ($40 for both)
6. a copy of your child’s First Reconciliation certificate (if received)
¬ Ensure your email address is clearly written on the registration form.
¬ Once you have all the requirements, meet with Sister Delia at the parish office to finalize your child’s registration.
Preparing for Lessons
Your child will receive the following workbook(s):
· Reconciliation/Confession: My Booklet about God’s Love and Forgiveness
· First Holy Eucharist/Communion: My Booklet about the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist
Ensure your child has completed the readings and activities in the workbooks before attending each lesson, so your child is able to participate and answer questions.
Escuela John Paul I School Council...
A reminder that all parents are welcome to join our School Council meetings and the link is always shared out to our parent community via SWIFT messaging.
This year we welcome a new Parent Council Chair, Fayaz Kaba who son is in Grade 1!
Please look for information on our next meeting, held on November 3 at 6:00 PM. Please use this link to join us.
- Staff Faith Formation Day - No School for Students
- In-class Halloween activities - More information to come from your child's classroom teacher